Pipes, Boost & Juice Talk about Exhaust, Nitrous, Blowers, Turbos, Superchargers... whatever makes you go faster!

2013 Mustang GT Auto Nitrous Questions.

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2015, 12:28 AM
wishinsky
2nd Gear Member

Default 2013 Mustang GT Auto Nitrous Questions.

Hi Guys I am looking into some Nitrous. I have my own reasons why I am going this route and not a F/I. So please help out and not try and steer me else where. First off I plan on running a small shot for my own reasons 50-75. I have been told that the shot size is an estimate and a lot of people have been seeing 100hp with the 75 so I might run the 50. So here are some questions and the parts I am looking into.

1. If driving around Daily Or on a long Road trip can I keep the bottle open or is that Bad?
3. Should I get a Nitrous Filter to keep the Jets clean over a long time since they are so small?
2. Nitrous is Dangerous at low RPMS, How low are we talking?
3. Nitrous is bad at High RPMS, can I set my Window switch at 7,000? Car is Automatic so I don't want to use the TPS/WOT sensor.
4. How well does Nitrous and E85 go with each other?
5. What is all needed for E85; injectors and a Tune?
6. I ask about E85 wondering if it would burn better and also burn cooler.

https://www.americanmuscle.com/build-list.html#

Last edited by wishinsky; 06-06-2015 at 02:53 AM.
Old 06-06-2015, 01:10 PM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by wishinsky
Hi Guys I am looking into some Nitrous. I have my own reasons why I am going this route and not a F/I. So please help out and not try and steer me else where. First off I plan on running a small shot for my own reasons 50-75. I have been told that the shot size is an estimate and a lot of people have been seeing 100hp with the 75 so I might run the 50. So here are some questions and the parts I am looking into.

1. If driving around Daily Or on a long Road trip can I keep the bottle open or is that Bad? Yes it's bad. There is always the possibility of the nitrous solenoid valve leaking thru. You don't want nitrous leaking into your motor causing a lean condition. Get a remote bottle opener.
3. Should I get a Nitrous Filter to keep the Jets clean over a long time since they are so small?No harm in using a filter
2. Nitrous is Dangerous at low RPMS, How low are we talking?
All nitrous systems have a wide open throttle switch. You can install a RPM window switch so it will spray from 3500RPM to 6500 as an example.
3. Nitrous is bad at High RPMS, can I set my Window switch at 7,000? Car is Automatic so I don't want to use the TPS/WOT sensor.
Nitrous is fine at any RPM as long as you are meeting it's fuel requirements and the system isn't running lean. If your going to install a nitrous kit use a wet kit! Upgrade your fuel pump and injectors if needed.
4. How well does Nitrous and E85 go with each other?Nitrous likes E85 because it has more octane than regular gasoline.
5. What is all needed for E85; injectors and a Tune?In theory you don't need anything. Your PCM should adapt to E85 no problem. Keep in mind E85 is more corrosive than gasoline.
6. I ask about E85 wondering if it would burn better and also burn cooler.Higher octane equals less knock. I don't know the cooling effects of E85 in an engine. I do know methnol and water cools very well.

https://www.americanmuscle.com/build-list.html#
See above.[/B][/COLOR]

Last edited by bluebeastsrt; 06-06-2015 at 01:16 PM.