MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pipes, Boost & Juice (https://mustangforums.com/forum/pipes-boost-and-juice-15/)
-   -   2016 Roush Mustang Supercharger? (https://mustangforums.com/forum/pipes-boost-and-juice/721480-2016-roush-mustang-supercharger.html)

Mr. D 08-23-2015 08:41 PM

2016 Roush Mustang Supercharger?

When will Roush ads offer a supercharger for the 2016 Mustang Manual & auto transmission?
I hesitate to buy a 2016 Mustang GT until Roush advertises that their supercharger is applicable to the 2016 Mustang GT with both manual & automatic transmissions. That's what I want to put together. I wonder what could be so different between the 2015 & 2016 Mustang GT to not include both years in their supercharger advertising! Any answers? A Ford salesman is waiting for my order! :D

JimC 08-24-2015 07:33 AM

Originally Posted by Mr. D (Post 8503739)
When will Roush ads offer a supercharger for the 2016 Mustang Manual & auto transmission?
I hesitate to buy a 2016 Mustang GT until Roush advertises that their supercharger is applicable to the 2016 Mustang GT with both manual & automatic transmissions. That's what I want to put together. I wonder what could be so different between the 2015 & 2016 Mustang GT to not include both years in their supercharger advertising! Any answers? A Ford salesman is waiting for my order! :D

How many times and how many different places will you start this question? And didn't you put this in the Roush section already and get a response from a Roush rep?

Mr. D 08-24-2015 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by JimC (Post 8503809)
How many times and how many different places will you start this question? And didn't you put this in the Roush section already and get a response from a Roush rep?

No, I didn't get a response about when the 2016 Supercharger will "legally" be offered for sale! That's why I asked the question! The Roush Rep. said it was released for the 2015. Until it is offered for the 2016, it likely will not be covered legally in their "Optional Warranty" program. I'm wanting to get a supercharger, but not until it is offered for the 2016!

You've got a real problem with me, don't you? Sorry if you think I'm hurting the forum by asking a question more than once! I suppose this will get me some time off for daring to question a Mod! Oh well!

jwog666 08-24-2015 11:17 PM

sigh...... do u really think that they wont make a supercharger for the 2016? they will. and when its released buy it and put it on. seems pretty simple to me.

Mr. D 08-25-2015 03:58 AM

Originally Posted by jwog666 (Post 8503935)
sigh...... do u really think that they wont make a supercharger for the 2016? they will. and when its released buy it and put it on. seems pretty simple to me.

I will!

The problem is that IMO it has to be released for use on the 2016 GT for a warranty to hold. Putting the 2015 Model Supercharger on a 2016 might give Roush a reason to not honor you warranty in a pinch & I want to buy the "Optional Driveline Warranty"! I can't see why it was not approved for the 2016 GT???? I'm waiting to order a 2016 Mustang & a Roush supercharger. So I'm just asking when Roush will approve it for use on a 2016 Mustang GT! That's all!

Explosive 08-25-2015 08:06 AM

Street and strip is for racing related things, IE I went to the dragstrip and raced a.... or i went mexico and....... Maybe somebody here can help you with possible differences between model years and supercharger fitment.

Mr. D 08-26-2015 02:16 AM

Originally Posted by Explosive (Post 8503966)
Street and strip is for racing related things, IE I went to the dragstrip and raced a.... or i went mexico and....... Maybe somebody here can help you with possible differences between model years and supercharger fitment.

Sorry, I was trying to get to the Roush Rep. Called Roush today & got an explanation. Won't bother the thread again!

Explosive 08-26-2015 08:12 AM

You can post in the Roush section, as you have in the past or send a private message.

Thanks.