Performance/Exhaust? - MustangForums.com

Pipes, Boost & Juice Talk about Exhaust, Nitrous, Blowers, Turbos, Superchargers... whatever makes you go faster!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Old 09-14-2016, 12:04 PM   #1
mustang11e

Default Performance/Exhaust?

Hey guys, new to the forum here and just had a question or 2 about some performance add ons and exhaust.

I just bought a 92 5.0 GT convertible which is basically stock besides a K&N air filter and flowmaster exhaust. Now my questions are what are some relatively not so expensive performance add ons I can get to boost to horsepower a little and what can I do or get to make this a bit louder with a nice rumble.
Attached Thumbnails
Performance/Exhaust?-image.jpeg  
mustang11e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 08:02 PM   #2
anthonydalrymple
3rd Gear Member

Nice looking convertible! Performance add ons are pretty simple with a stock vehicle; but you just so happened to pick one of the heaviest foxbodies to modify! My first suggestion would be rear gear. Win on the street & track. 4.11's being my favorite; still in them in my low 11 second '89 convertible daily driver. There is always power pulleys(i don't use the alt. pulley unless I have a 130 amp 3G conversion). Simple mod's like BBK shorty headers, 2-cat or no-cat BBK x or H-pipe, & 2.5" or bigger cat-back. ONe thing though.... Our convertibles are really flexible. No where near as rigid or solid chassis feeling like a coupe or hatch. I really really really recommend installing Max.Motorsports sub frame connectors & Max.Motorsports strut tower brace. You will notice the difference immediately; the car will feel so much more connected to the road & allot less cowl shake.... Good luck!
anthonydalrymple is offline   Reply With Quote