Pipes, Boost & Juice Talk about Exhaust, Nitrous, Blowers, Turbos, Superchargers... whatever makes you go faster!

Whos been pulled over?

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2006, 06:39 PM
*Blk_96_Stang_GT*
4th Gear Member

Default Whos been pulled over?

I was wondering if anyone has been pulled over for loud exhaust? I put my O/R H on, on Friday and its really loud and im pretty nervous about getting pulled over.
Old 02-14-2006, 06:45 PM
BlackSVTsnake302
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Whos been pulled over?

I got one right here, It was for Amplifed exhaust, it was only a warning, but I had to get it fixed in 10days otherwise I would have gotten a 300 some dallor fine, so ive got a stock H pipe on, its going back on in spring time, flowmaster american thunder, with bassani o/r X pipe, but I really wouldnt worry about it I think I just got really un lucky..[:@]
Old 02-14-2006, 06:58 PM
72MachOne99GT
2010 Blue Ball Award Recipient

I was pulled over for a noise ordinance in Fort Wayne at midnight one night.

Me, my cousin and our gf's were driving home from the bowling alley in the city, going north out of the county and city.

As i pulled away from a stop light, and got about 2/3 through the left turn at the intersection, my gf said i was getting pulled over. A cop was two lanes over and heard my car, pulled me over and got my liscnense.....

When he came back he said that the cars pipes were too loud, and asked if i was heading out of town. I said yep. He told me not to bring the car back into the city with that exhaust or he would pull me over next chance he got and give me a sound ordinance ticket instead of just a warning.

Being polite I asked him what the 'limits' were, or what it would require for him or someone else to pull me over. He said that with those pipes, it wouldnt matter what I was doing, if he heard it, i was getting pulled over.

He was polite and all, but it was still kind of gay that i wasnt doing ANYTHING but driving refularly.

Ive got Borla Stingers and a MAC o/r H
Old 02-14-2006, 08:24 PM
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

my buddy got a fine for loud exhaust and dark tint. only because the cop was moving and couldn't get him on radar and wanted to pin somethin on him.
Old 02-14-2006, 08:26 PM
gt96stang
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: BlackSVTsnake302

I got one right here, It was for Amplifed exhaust, it was only a warning, but I had to get it fixed in 10days otherwise I would have gotten a 300 some dallor fine, so ive got a stock H pipe on, its going back on in spring time, flowmaster american thunder, with bassani o/r X pipe, but I really wouldnt worry about it I think I just got really un lucky..[:@]
Shame on you for putting an x-pipe on a 5.0.. Get an h and I bet you'll love it more.
Old 02-14-2006, 10:17 PM
RedRoller
2nd Gear Member

Yeah ive been pulled over a couple of times but not for it being loud becasue most of em said it sounded good! They would most likely get after u for showin out with it;like burin out in grocery store parking lots or hossing it to redline everytime you meet a car!
Old 02-14-2006, 11:10 PM
Car_Ramrod
4th Gear Member

i was in a parking lot and a cop who was getting out of his car stopped me and said the exhaust was too loud. he was a campus cop and was a jerk about the whole thing too. he was very sarcastic the whole time and was like "i bet you have all your cats taken off too, and thats illegal." i was like no, but you are welcome to get under the car and look. he told me he could hear me coming from over 100 feet away...even tho i was shifting at about 2k rpms. he said some1 else would give me a ticket cuz its too loud...but he didnt mention anything about giving me a ticket...i dont think he could have i think he was full of crap. i asked him about buses and stuff on campus...and semis on the highway...and he said you can only hear them from that far away when they are slowing down and have their j brake on. a load of crap...the busses on campus are so much louder.

my exhaust right now consists of unbolted stock pipes behind the cats but in front of the mufflers. its loud, but not that loud. i plan on getting my exhaust done either over spring break or summer at the latest.