Ride Of The Month Does your Mustang have what it takes to be ROTM?
View Poll Results: A poll
babygurl2000
3.92%
Obsol3te
31.37%
nanaki
1.96%
1970 mach1
43.14%
code3gt
19.61%
Voters: 153. You may not vote on this poll

July Voting!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2005, 09:12 PM
David_K
5th Gear Member

Default RE: July Voting!!

i do a write in for my own torque monster!
Old 06-14-2005, 10:42 PM
don_w
I ♥ Acer

Gotta go with the classic Mach...

BTW, how come no '05 nominees? [:@]
Old 06-14-2005, 10:47 PM
Demon 340
Administrator

because no one nominated one....
Old 06-14-2005, 10:54 PM
don_w
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: Ride Of The Month

because no one nominated one....
I just saw the so-called nomination thread... it was open for what, 2 or 3 days? So, if ya don't know it's posted and don't get there quick, too bad, eh? How about in the future broadcasting to all the forums (like the contest posts) that it's open for nominations and give it at least a week. My 2 cents...
Old 06-14-2005, 11:44 PM
David_K
5th Gear Member

agreed ^^

this is new and well see improvements as time goes on. everything starts out this way. so far ROTM has been doing good.
Old 06-15-2005, 03:01 AM
HRnB
Administrator

ORIGINAL: firemedix911

I don't think that's even fair. You should put the clasics on a cetegory by it self. How can you not vote for that 1970 Mach1? No desrespect to the other cars. They r really nice cars too and I know they perform really good but my opinion is that is just not fair.
Oh come on now. Just enjoy the moment. Amanda and Patrick know what they're doing and I 'm happy to see the turn out here. The Ride Of The Month has to be the best damn thing to happen here at MF in a long time.
Can I get a WhOoP wHoOp?!!!!!! [sm=smiley20.gif]
Old 06-15-2005, 11:59 AM
Demon 340
Administrator

thr situation is as such that no matter what we did to start it, someone would have been unhappy. "you cant please all of the people, all of the time"...there is a full explanation of the rules, and when things will start from now on. I know that the nominations were a bit hurried, but now for future months, everyone like yourself, don_w, will know that during the second week of a given month, nominations for the following month are opening. we had to get it rolling somehow, and in running this system, there alway has to be a somewhat disorganized month because no one really knows its coming. we by no mean meant to exclude any certain generation of mustang, there just happened to not be a new mustang this month. but at the same time, it gives those who want to see an new model in the running a reason to post right away next month when the nominations open!

oh...and whoop whoop.
Old 06-15-2005, 12:22 PM
1970 mach1
2nd Gear Member

Hey everybody, I just wanted to make it clear that the words (old school) only applies to the driver of the 1970 mach 1.
I just want to make sure you guys And gals know that this Mustang is not an original Mach 1.
This car is not for the purest.

I have done many Mods to this car.

A. Transmission, 4R70W, electric trans with overdrive
B. Strange Engineering Nodular Axle Case with 430 gears
C. CompuShift Control Box with key pad. Controls shift points from min to max. by Pressure, RPM, Quickness of shift, Data Logs, Stop Watch, Dyno accel, it does the formula for you. give it the info it needs, Thottle position calibration sensor, Tire size, transmission type, and weight, computer does the formula for you. The key pad lets you make the shift changes on the fly.
D. Mallory Unlite Distributor, crab distributor cap off a boat, to shorten height for shaker scope clearance
E. Mallory Hy-Fire for spark boost
F. Headers, Bassani X-Pipe 2 1/2" mandle bent exhaust, series 40 flowmasters
G. Sanden air condition unit replaced stock unit (you can hang vension in extreme hot weather.)
H. Sound System, am-fm, cd, mp3 player, Clarion 5 1/2" component speakers up front, 6 x 9" Clarion rears,in trunk 10" clarion sub woofer, with 700 watt amp for sub & 900 watt amp for inside speakers.
I. Aftermarket electric windows
J. Alumiunum radiator & trans cooler
K. Pete Jackson quite Gear Drive
This is a Detriot Muscle Car 10.5 to 1 compression 400+ hp, soon to be 500+

This Mustang is Fun to drive on highway, street or strip

Now that you are all bored with way too much info, ya see the car has a lot of new school in it, but the driver is an old school Marine Corp Vietnam Vet.

Everyone in this forum has love, pride, sweat, and investment in their Mustang, and thats what makes this Forum so Kool.

Congradulations to babygurl, obsol3te, nanaki, code3gt, for being nominated for Ride of the Month you all have Awesome Rides.
Yippy - Ki - Yoo, Summers here. lets go have some Summer Fun with our Rides!!!!

Old 06-15-2005, 02:25 PM
don_w
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: Ride Of The Month

I know that the nominations were a bit hurried, but now for future months, everyone like yourself, don_w, will know that during the second week of a given month, nominations for the following month are opening.
Thanks... And, FWIW, I think the ROTM is a great idea, and I was just wanting to see that we get a more widespread involvement of ALL members in future months. Keep up the good work!
Old 06-15-2005, 02:35 PM
Demon 340
Administrator

well, i just dont want anyone to think that we are preferential to any particular era of mustang. we were actually concerned that with the vast out numbering of newer models to vintage mustangs, that there wouldnt be enough interest in the classics..but look at the voting..and people wonder why the new stang is so popular...[8D]

Quick Reply: July Voting!!