Ride Of The Month Does your Mustang have what it takes to be ROTM?
View Poll Results: Who has the most improved Stang
Coyote5
7.69%
Timspony
7.69%
Sleeper_GT
15.38%
Jwog666
30.77%
fastbackford351
38.46%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

November 2015 ROTM voting

Old 11-05-2015, 03:31 PM
PinupGirl77
ROTM Moderator

Default November 2015 ROTM voting

Who has the most improved Mustang?

I will nominate/second fastbackford351 so we can get this started.

please post your before and after pictures in here.

The nominees are:

Coyote5

Timspony

Sleeper_GT

Jwog666

fastbackford351
Old 11-06-2015, 08:50 AM
fastbackford351
Foghorn Leghorn

'preciate that.
Old 11-06-2015, 10:17 AM
jwog666
5th Gear Member

before

after

Old 11-06-2015, 04:08 PM
99GTvert
is my username.

Voted!

GO GO GO GO GO GO GO
Old 11-06-2015, 04:37 PM
Mishri
Mish-ogynist

no pics of the other nominees?
Old 11-06-2015, 08:02 PM
fastbackford351
Foghorn Leghorn

This past year both of my Mustangs have seen some pretty substantial upgrades. Some were unplanned and others were done because it was way overdue.

First my 02GT Convertible was the recipient of an upgraded power plant after my daughter toasted the SOHC. I pulled a nice, low mileage DOHC out of a 98 Mark VIII.

The spoiler was popped off by some well meaning good Samaritans who were pushing it out of traffic. Actually I have become a fan of the shave tail look. It has less of the Boy Racer look without the spoiler.

Here is a shot of the InTech in its new home. Being an avid Lincoln & Mustang fan it was a match made in heaven. I think whoever designed those CobraStar emblems hit a home run.

With a "new" engine in place, the interior really started to show her age. So I pulled a complete low mileage interior from a wreck that I have been storing in the attic for the last 8 years, dusted it off and put it in. Seats, steering wheel w/airbag, console and scuff plates. I ordered a new carpet from CJ and got rid of that god awful looking factory shift ****.

Yuck.

Yum.

The paint has some issues but the old girl is in a lot better shape than she was a year ago. A new transmission, engine and interior have given her a new lease on life. Before, I was toying around with getting a newer Mustang but now I think I'll stand pat.

As for the Fastback, after 20+ years I could no longer tolerate the 50 year old peg-legged 2.80 rear end so I installed a fresh 3.25 8" Trac Loc. I think it makes her rear end even more sexy.

And here is another sweet upgrade that I have done just in the last month.

Before.....

After...

Behold the majesty and glory! Anybody who lives where it's hot will appreciate just what an awesome upgrade it is getting the AC working again in what was originally a factory AC car. Because I needed more flow across the condenser, I finally got around to installing a new shroud from CJ's and was able to keep the big heavy-duty 7 blade FoMoCo flex fan I pulled from a 77 LTD. Man that thing moves some air and with the new shroud in place, it will almost pull the hat off your head if you kneel in front of the radiator.

I still have a bit of tidying up to do but it is blowing 45º out of the vents (just in time for winter :/). This weekend I will be pulling out the carpet to install some sound deadener and insulation to negate the 130º temps coming from the firewall. I had to forgo buying another Henry Rifle for now to pay for this but like my brother told me, "You'll use that AC a lot more than you'll use that Henry."

I thought about installing a new carpet while I was at it but it isn't torn or ragged out and I didn't want to lose my classic car smell. Anybody who has an original interior knows what I mean. It's a smell you can't buy from a catalog. I wish someone would make a cologne that smells like that.

So, all in all, for reasons planned and unplanned, both of my Mustangs are a far sight better off than they were this time last year.

Last edited by fastbackford351; 11-07-2015 at 07:51 PM.
Old 11-07-2015, 04:41 PM
Sleeper_GT
6th Gear Member

I had no idea I was nominated for this...Thanks. Rather than post a bunch of pictures, here's a link to the build...

https://mustangforums.com/forum/memb...tpp-build.html
Old 11-09-2015, 06:34 AM
jwog666
5th Gear Member

some more after photos, they are from the autocross portion of the cruise for a cause event

Old 11-11-2015, 05:49 PM
Coyote5
1st Gear Member

I'll have pictures posted by the weekend.
Old 11-16-2015, 04:04 AM
Coyote5
1st Gear Member

Here is my 2014 GT. What you can see is what is done to it. I have a CS/GT wing but it is still only halfway painted sitting at a friend's house in another town. Not sure when I'll get a chance to go finish it. After we painted the wheels and window louvers I got busy and just plasti-dipped the emblems when there was time. The high temp paint I used on the mufflers to finish up the de-chroming process has held up just fine for a month and a half. Havent touched the engine, suspension, or brakes yet. Too much to mess with on the house and not enough time for the car. Im hoping next year I'll have more time to mess with it. Maybe I can get it fixed up enough to compete in some auto cross events.

Before

free image host

free image host

After

temporary image hosting

image hosting no registration

photo uploader

take a screenshot

Last edited by Coyote5; 11-17-2015 at 03:42 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: November 2015 ROTM voting