ROUSH Performance The premier manufacturer of high performance upgrade kits for Ford Mustangs. From powertrain, to handling, to styling, ROUSH provides industry-leading performance and quality.

07 GT M90 spark plug job

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2017, 10:31 AM
Davester68

Default 07 GT M90 spark plug job

I have a quick question about servicing the spark plugs on a Roush M90 in an 07 GT. I bought the car a couple of months ago from a dealer and have no service records. The car has about 78k on it.

The two rear coils on the passenger side are blocked by the "throttle spacer" as shown in the installation instructions for the S/C. Should I remove the throttle spacer or the entire unit to access those coils?

I've read that the throttle spacer is a bear to install once the charger is on the intake as the three bottom bolts are a PITA to get to. If I pull the whole unit, what about the hose that runs across the top from each fuel rail?

What is the best way to get this job done?

Thanks in advance for any help, I really appreciate it.
Old 09-25-2017, 03:25 PM
svfetter
2nd Gear Member

I did this job as well on my 07 427R. I believe you are talking about the inlet elbow. I don't recall having any trouble taking it off or getting it back on. Make sure you soak those plugs good before trying to get them out.