Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

HOW TO: v6 street scene OEM center grill

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2006, 02:38 AM
afixer
5th Gear Member

Default HOW TO: v6 street scene OEM center grill

ok here it is the unit fits and looks great!

EDIT: I changed to title to make this excellent thread a sticky. GREAT JOB!

Bill Jr.
28hopup
Old 09-07-2006, 02:52 AM
LX200
4th Gear Member

Default RE: street scene OEM center grill ready and shipping!

Fixer... looks awesome !! Where did you get the pony logo? Did you use your old "fill the back with glue and nylon bolts" trick? What did you do with your old grille?

As to your X Charger... you really like it huh? I hear it develops killer torque down low. Did you ever post your dyno after installing it? I have a buddy looking for a supercharger with real good low end torque. Seems like the X-charger may be it. Any idea when it will be out??

Sorry... one last thing... did you use the SS harnass to wire up the lights?
Old 09-07-2006, 03:23 AM
afixer
5th Gear Member

ok so here is the little bracket i made out of aluminum and some shink tube. It is 3/4 inch wide and was about 10 inches long i slid the shrink tubing over it and bent it, then trimmed of the extra tubing and aluminum. it goes thru the rear of the grill and gives a flat surface for the tri bar to mount to.

the tribar is from the driverside 2003 mustang cost 18 bucks at the dealer

install the lights in the new grill (screws are provided) . if you have the lights and harness already you will need the 2 extenders from street scene. if this is a new install get the street scene harness it now comes slightly longer to use with either of there grills. i reused my existing street scene harness so i needed the extenders. mike is gona get me a new style (longer harness) so i can replace it and remove the extenders later.

remove the pins on the radiator cover and set it aside it just pulls back then up.

then using a small flat screw driver pry back the tabs starting at the 2 top corners to remove the grill. now is also a good time to slap a little wax on the grill area of the bumper , i also painter out my yellow around the radiator with some black paint.

then just plug in the wires and pop the grill back in. i have done this a few times so im pretty good at it it took me 15 min to do the swap. good luck and enjoy

the grill costs about 160 the lights can be found for 40 bucks each and the harness is 75 bucks

grill and harness here
lights for 40 bucks each

v6 mustang stuff has complete kit
Old 09-07-2006, 04:53 AM
mustangpogi
2nd Gear Member

Where did you buy the Center Grill?
Old 09-07-2006, 11:26 AM
Horrific_Ending
4th Gear Member

awesome pictures! i like the one thats infront of the diner
Old 09-07-2006, 11:51 AM
afixer
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Horrific_Ending

awesome pictures! i like the one thats infront of the diner
thanks

also any street scene vender should carry them as they are now shipping. just dont confuse this one with the one they already have out that is the mesh type. this one matches the OEM grill material perfectly
Old 09-07-2006, 12:25 PM
Pyrat
3rd Gear Member

I was reading the Mustang Enthusiast article on installing the SC last night and really like the way they documented the procedure. Your article on the procedure for installing the center headlight grill is every bit as good. In fact, one of my complaints about the ME article was that they did not put in any kind of indicators to show you exactly where to look in their photos like you did in your write up. You really should consider doing an online magazine. [sm=smiley2.gif] Keep up the good work!

And the grill looks great!!!

[sm=icon_rock.gif]
Old 09-07-2006, 02:40 PM
afixer
5th Gear Member

thanks joe ! if i only had the time!
Old 09-07-2006, 03:06 PM
LX200
4th Gear Member

Any idea when the X-Charger is out? And this does real well with low end torque. Seems to me, if you get real good low end torque, who cares if it only dynos at 250 RWHP? I never take the car to 6000 RPM / max HP zone anyway... I just want to get to 60 MPH faster !
Old 09-07-2006, 03:09 PM
LX200
4th Gear Member

Afixer.. one more thing... I don't quite get the SS harnass. Does it come with a new switch for inside the car? One that allows me to turn on the fogs ? And do I have to drill holes to get through the bulkhead, or do you use existing holes?? And, once the wires are inside the car, do you have to tear the dash apart to wire things up?

Quick Reply: HOW TO: v6 street scene OEM center grill