Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

rear sway bar just installed

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2006, 03:50 PM
Dean Martin
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: rear sway bar just installed

V6 Mustang Stuff (sponsor) has a OEM take-off section and sells the pair. I got good service from them on other parts.
Old 09-11-2006, 10:41 PM
Rrruss
1st Gear Member

Hey Sevalley... I hope I am wrong here but I think you have installed your rear sway bar "backwards".

The little tag I see on your 2nd picture should say"left" on it, and the bends in the bar are supposed to give you additional clearance for the frame supportss that your bar is laying against in the 1st picture. The sway bar actually goes above the frame support rods.

I managed to get mine in without taking one of the tires off, but if it were 1 inch longer I would have to take off a tire to get it in place.
Old 09-11-2006, 11:31 PM
dmhines
5th Gear Member

I agree with Rrruss ... How do I know? Because I installed mine backwards too! Not until I was parked next to a GT at a car show did I notice that my sway bar was hanging way lower than his ... I flipped it around that night .... looks much better now ....
Old 09-20-2006, 09:01 PM
mustangpogi
2nd Gear Member

Received my rear sway bar from Diversified. I only ordered the rear but in the box there's 2 bars . i think they gave me extra front. i only pay $80 plus 7 for shipping. Good deal and I will install it this weekend. First got to Home Depot to buy the nuts and bolts. Thank you.

Do you have the picture of your rear sway bar? I want to make that I installed it correctly.
Old 09-21-2006, 10:17 PM
mustangpogi
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: dmhines

Cool ... just got my front and rear GT bars today. I found another post listing the exact size bolts required so I am going to go the $10 Ace Hardware route for the nuts and bolts.

Four (4) - 8 x 16 bolts, nuts and washers for the lower shock mount ends
Two (2) - 12 x 65 threaded end bolts, nuts and washers for the links

Just installed my rear sway bar, I prefer 8 X 25 bolts because it is easier on the back. It took me 45 minutes and lots of patience in tightening the back. By the how do I know that did not installed it back wards.
Old 09-21-2006, 10:47 PM
dmhines
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mustangpogi

Cool ... just got my front and rear GT bars today. I found another post listing the exact size bolts required so I am going to go the $10 Ace Hardware route for the nuts and bolts.

Just installed my rear sway bar, I prefer 8 X 25 bolts because it is easier on the back. It took me 45 minutes and lots of patience in tightening the back. By the how do I know that did not installed it back wards.
If it is installed backwards ... you will be able to see the bar when standing behind the car ... and the sticker that says L for left ... will be on the right.

Old 09-21-2006, 10:52 PM
mustangpogi
2nd Gear Member

Checke the back of my car and I can't even see the sway, So I must installed it right. Thanks

ORIGINAL: mustangpogi

If it is installed backwards ... you will be able to see the bar when standing behind the car ... and the sticker that says L for left ... will be on the right.

Old 09-24-2006, 11:16 AM
Puleo76
3rd Gear Member

saleen take off GT front sway bar.... 30 bucks

http://www.saleen.com/SC101_Services...9-1303-C11739*
Old 10-02-2006, 02:31 PM
Sevalley
1st Gear Member

Re-installed the sway bar correctly this weekend. This time, I had to remove one of the back tires to get the bar to fit into place, and it went over the vert support beams, not under it like I had. Taking the tire off also made it a million times easier to turn the bolts. I have not noticed any difference in performance from when the bar was installed upside down (lol), but I had a rattling noise which I thought were my blown shocks, which has since dissapeared, so my shocks arent blown, and instead of spending 500 bucks on new shocks, I just bought a new magnaflow dual exhaust system which I plan on installing next weekend.
Old 10-05-2006, 03:29 PM
xzo6
2nd Gear Member

I have a2006 Ford GT rear sway bar for(.Give me 100US).Send me a PM.I am in Toroto area of Ontario canada.You pay shipping.Also a front sway bar.Both are new take offs.I bought the S3 Roush suspension.

Quick Reply: rear sway bar just installed