MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   S197 Handling Section (https://mustangforums.com/forum/s197-handling-section-121/)
-   -   Rear Swaybar very noticable on a V6 (https://mustangforums.com/forum/s197-handling-section/169297-rear-swaybar-very-noticable-on-a-v6.html)

dmhines 08-21-2006 03:01 PM

Rear Swaybar very noticable on a V6

I just installed the rear swaybar on my V6. Now I know why Ford made the GT rear bumper so low to the ground ... to hide the sway bar. It is very noticable when installed on a car with the V6 rear bumper cover ...

05BlackPony 08-21-2006 03:17 PM

RE: Rear Swaybar very noticable on a V6

Yep, makes quite a difference. I too noticed how low the bar is and how easy it is to see lol

SPARTAN VI 08-21-2006 04:15 PM

I thought you were going to say how noticable it was when taking hard turns. This is more "Appearance Mods" ;)

dmhines 08-21-2006 04:22 PM

THe intent was a handling mod .... but ended up being an appearnce mod. I haven't installed the front GT bar yet so I will reserve my handling comments until then ...

boss 244 08-21-2006 05:21 PM

After installing the gt front and rear bars and lowering my car 2" I can corner so fast the the french fries i'm holding in my hand fly out the window.

28HopUp 08-21-2006 06:13 PM

boss 244 Date 8/21/2006 3:21:30 PM
After installing the gt front and rear bars and lowering my car 2" I can corner so fast the the french fries i'm holding in my hand fly out the window.
You actually eat in your car??? J/K I have a french fry hiding under my e-brake handle that I keep forgetting to remove. Maybe I should install new sway bars and take a sharp corner with the window down - problem solved.

05BlackPony 08-21-2006 06:36 PM

ORIGINAL: 28hopup

boss 244 Date 8/21/2006 3:21:30 PM
You actually eat in your car??? J/K I have a french fry hiding under my e-brake handle that I keep forgetting to remove. Maybe I should install new sway bars and take a sharp corner with the window down - problem solved.
lol - Nice soloution :D

Oh, and I never eat in my car [:-]

blackfoot 08-21-2006 07:56 PM

haha makes me want to get eibachs anti-roll kit.. would be pretty nice to see the red under the car

SPARTAN VI 08-21-2006 07:59 PM

ORIGINAL: boss 244

Sometimes I wish that would happen to the passengers... [:@]

05BlackPony 08-21-2006 10:48 PM

ORIGINAL: blackfoot

haha makes me want to get eibachs anti-roll kit.. would be pretty nice to see the red under the car

That was my intention to do as well! With the addition of Red LCA's..
I finally decided it was to much $$$ just to have red powdercoated sways. [:@]

I went with all silver instead though :)

dmhines 08-25-2006 10:36 PM

LOL ... I was at a cruise in tonight and parked next to a 2006 Yellow GT. I noticed his rear sway bar wasn't hanging as low as mine. So I get on the ground and check it out. I have mine installed backwards! So instead of rising up under the car it is pointing towards the ground. Guess I'll be flipping it over this weekend. Oh yeah .. it did have the sticker on it that says LEFT ... but I installed it on the right ... [:o]

05BlackPony 08-26-2006 01:22 PM

ORIGINAL: dmhines

LOL ... I was at a cruise in tonight and parked next to a 2006 Yellow GT. I noticed his rear sway bar wasn't hanging as low as mine. So I get on the ground and check it out. I have mine installed backwards! So instead of rising up under the car it is pointing towards the ground. Guess I'll be flipping it over this weekend. Oh yeah .. it did have the sticker on it that says LEFT ... but I installed it on the right ... [:o]
Wow.. I didn't think it was really possible to install the rear sawy wrong.
Now you have me thinking about mine lol [:o]

SPARTAN VI 08-26-2006 07:31 PM

How'd you put it on backwards?!?! [&:]

dmhines 08-27-2006 12:16 AM

I'm gonna fix it tomorrow ... I'll post a picture of it installed upside down .... :) The key is to make sure the sticker that says LEFT is indeed on the drivers side of the car.

dmhines 08-27-2006 09:05 PM

Whoops forgot the picture of it installed upside down ... Got it installed correctly now ... so it is not nearly as visible from the back of the car ... also installed the GT front sway bar today ...