Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

I need help with wheels. BADLY!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2006, 04:56 PM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

Default I need help with wheels. BADLY!!!!

Ok ive posted several times about the wheels I'm looking at.
They are Roush wheels for the 05/06 Mustang.
The size of them are 18x10.
Many people have told me to stay away from these because of the front.
Now... I called Tom's Tire world and they thought it might be a tight fit but then took it back.
I called Roush. They said that is what they put on ALL their 05/06 Stangs. (We all know they produce mustangs).

I am still worried about this and don't know what to do. The Roush guys said you just have to be carefull if you lower the car not to lower it too much. Now I may lower it in the future but if I do I had planned on lowering it JUST A TAD. So this would be ok... Hell I probably won't even end up lowering it but who knows.

I really need some advice as to whether this would be ok. Roush said I wouldnt have to do anything to the lip of the fender either.
Whats your opinions on this? I was also wondering if the 18x10's would be ALOT heavier than the stock wheels but I cant find a wieght on the website for them.
Heres the link to the wheels. Thanks.
http://store.roushperformance.com/detail.aspx?ID=683
on this page it doesnt say 18x10 but they ARE. the page before that where you click to view details actually says it.
Thanks again.. I REALLY need help.

One more thing.. I notice all the Steeda wheels for the 05/06 are at 9.5..... if this means anything
Old 10-20-2006, 05:13 PM
CrazyAl
5th Gear Member

Default RE: I need help with wheels. BADLY!!!!

I don't see what the problem is here.

You called Roush, they told you the wheels will fit so long as you don't lower the car too much.

That sounds like a clear answer to me. If you're not planning on lowering it (or you're only planning on lowering it "a tad") then you'll be fine based on what you just heard.

You just got the info straight from the horse's mouth. What do you want from us? As you said yourself, Roush builds mustangs with these wheels, so they are obviously proven to fit.

As for the weight, they will definatley be heavier than the OEM wheels simply becasue they are wider, and becasue the Roush wheel is more of a "style" wheel, not a "lightweight racing wheel". Is that a problem? No. It might cost you a little HP, but I doubt you'd notice it.
Old 10-20-2006, 05:34 PM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

Thanks so much for the help. I know maybe I overdid it a little.
I was just very worried because I was spending so much on the wheels.
I think they are about 408.00 a piece.
Thanks for the help again.
Old 10-21-2006, 12:51 PM
searay2006
2nd Gear Member

iluvmycar, to me that is a $**t load of money for a wheel but if you need that name ROUSH buy them. I have seen plenty of wheels 18x8.5 to 18x10 for much less and i think better looking. I have 18x9 A/R wheels with a 2" drop all around and looks like plenty of room for 18x10 w/ up tp a 175/40 rx18 tire or their about in size.
Old 10-23-2006, 04:37 PM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

Yeah I know they are expensive. However I really liked the look and If I am gonna buy some new wheels I definatly want them to be the ones I want. I went ahead and ordered them after talking to Roush about the fit. I will take and post pics when I get them on.
The shop that is putting them on (had to get new tires too) knows me so they gave me a little break on the tires and are going to paint the calipers free of charge. Yes I know the wheels were expensive but I think I'll be happy with them and that is where I mark the value.
If I am gonna spend any money at all on wheels I would rather have the ones I want.
Kinda like if I'm gonna buy a stang I'm getting the GT hehe.
Thanks for all the input all! pics will come.
Cheers!