Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

Question about driving after caliper painting.

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2006, 05:58 AM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

Default Question about driving after caliper painting.

Ok many people say 24hrs wait... I waited CLOSE to 24 before driving the car home.
Prolly 22.

Now here is the real question. The guy that put my wheels on said that it can actually take up to a WEEK for the paint to actually cure to the max so that it guards to the full temp that the paint says. (Duplicolor).
He suggested not driving it this full weekend. Then taking it easy till the week is up.
Has anyone else heard that this is what you should do?

He used the Duplicolor spray. I can't find any instructions on their website as to how long you should wait or what to do.
Can anyone help me? Thanks

Oh one more thing.. should I wait a while to wash the car because of the soap and things that could get on the caliper paint before it is completely cured or anything? Was gonna give her a good cleaning/wax but dunno if I should for a couple of days. Thanks
Old 10-28-2006, 12:09 PM
TPony
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Question about driving after caliper painting.

OK, I can only speak from my experience while using Dupli-color brush on...I waited 24 hours to drive the car and have continued to drive it regularly ever since. The paint actually holds pretty good and I even placed a pony decal that is also holding pretty good. Yes, the breaks have gotten hot from usage and yet, no problems. So, is your guy being overly cautious? I do not know..you have to make that call...however, playing devil advocate...if you don't follow his advice and then the paint starts coming off..he'll say...hey, you did not follow my instructions....so you have a decision to make.