Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

torn between BMR and Steeda rear sway bar, need opinions

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2006, 09:46 PM
jz
3rd Gear Member

Default torn between BMR and Steeda rear sway bar, need opinions

Merry Christmas everyone. I got some christmas money and it's burning a hole in my pocket. I'm looking at the BMR (regular) sway bar, and the Steeda one. Anyone have any opinions on which is the better bar?

Thanks,

Joe
Old 12-24-2006, 10:49 PM
mattblasi
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: torn between BMR and Steeda rear sway bar, need opinions

Both are great, I actually have the H&R ordered, so I hope to get it late next week .... Either one and you will be happy.
Old 12-25-2006, 11:41 AM
vsop
3rd Gear Member

I don't think they will make a huge diffrence between the 2 as its basicaly a bent steel tube.
I have went with a full BMR race setup but have not yet looked into replacing the Swaybars yet.
Old 12-26-2006, 11:13 PM
PonyGT2005
2nd Gear Member

I have the Steeda on and love it. I don't know anyone using the BMR personally but it seems to be pretty common on this forum as well.
Old 12-26-2006, 11:19 PM
CrazyAl
5th Gear Member

I am running the Steeda with the billet aluminum endlinks.It's pricey (like all Steeda stuff), but it's good. When I bought it the BMR was not available. I've since handled the BMR and it looks nearly identical. I can't imagine there is a significant difference. I'd buy whichever is least expensive!
Old 12-28-2006, 02:30 AM
RodeoFlyer
4th Gear Member

from what i've learned about Steeda recently I personally wont give them my business. BMR makes great stuff. Steeda is overpriced and they have a rep for ripping off smaller companys' designs. I have a friend of a friend in the middle of a lawsuit with them over a part he designed and has been selling for 5 years. they claim it's their "new design". Just a personal opinion. Their stuff is well made, but they arent the greatest at building long term relationships with their customers. They've gotten too big.
Old 12-28-2006, 06:32 PM
06GT4RAD
5th Gear Member

I just wish the Steeda bar came in Black. I really am put off by the blue color they have it in.

Richard
Old 12-28-2006, 06:54 PM
CrazyAl
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 06GT4RAD

I just wish the Steeda bar came in Black. I really am put off by the blue color they have it in.

Richard
Yeah, I agree. That's why I spray-painted my Steeda bar black. Total cost? About $3.
Old 12-28-2006, 07:32 PM
Redleg
1st Gear Member

Has anybody heard anything on Spohn's sway bars? Pretty good price (between Steeda and BMR, if I recall). Additionally...their rearbar is advertised at 1 inch....as opposed to the 7/8 on the Steeda and BMR. Not that I know a 1/8 in difference will be all that important...

BTW...Thanks for your posts Crazy Al...I plan on making some suspension upgrades to my stock Grabber Orange GT and your posts have been very helpful.

On that...I wish Che would make swaybars....I want them custom colored to orange like all their control arms and bars. I guess I'll break out the orange spray paint on an Eibach kit or Spohn set. I think I've pretty much settled on Che since all the bad reviews Steeda receives.
Old 12-29-2006, 03:02 PM
mAnYsTyLeS
4th Gear Member

JMO, but Steeda has beenvery helpfulto me. Thanks.

Quick Reply: torn between BMR and Steeda rear sway bar, need opinions