Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

What to install for grip?

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2007, 07:07 AM
CBSTANG
2nd Gear Member

Default What to install for grip?

I recently got 4.10's installed, and I love the accel......but I am now having a little problem with getting traction mainly in first and a little in second. I consider myself to be able to drive a manual pretty decently, so I dont thinkI am really the problem. I already have adj LCA's, and I am not going to get new tires just yet (because I am cheap and want to wear the old ones out first),but other than that what else would be good mods for traction issues?
Old 01-08-2007, 09:54 AM
CrazyAl
5th Gear Member

Default RE: What to install for grip?

LCAs are a good start. Other things to consider is a thicker sway bar in the rear, aftermarket panhard bar & support, and possibly LCA relocation brackets. Is your car lowered?

Tires are, of course, another good way to get traction!
Old 01-08-2007, 06:11 PM
CBSTANG
2nd Gear Member

My car isnt lower just yet, I was planning on doing that sometime this year though, along with everything you just metioned, except the LCA relocation brackets. I dont know exactly what they do, I mean I was under the impression that instead of adj LCA's you could get the brackets, but it seems like I actually have no idea. Also is their any one particular order that I should invest in these items (which would get me more whereI want to be as far as traction), and which brands are mostly recomended?
Old 01-08-2007, 06:20 PM
CrazyAl
5th Gear Member

The LCA relocation brackets and the LCAs are two totally different things.

LCAs themselves are replaced for two reasons. First off, they are stiffer than the OEM ones which gives you better traction and also fights wheelhop. Second, the adjustable LCAs are used to adjust your pinion angle, which is something you need to doif you lower the car or if you change your driveshaft.

The LCA relocation brackets are used to adjust the ANGLE of the LCA. This changes your instant center. If you aren't sure what instant center means, just google the term. There are a lot of good web sites out there that can explain it better than I can. Anyway, if you want the "quick and dirty" answer, using the LCA brackets will let you reconfigure your rear suspension so that you can get more traction when you mash the pedal.

In general, I recommend BMR products, though there are some exceptions to that.

Check out this thread for my in-depth review of many of the suspension parts:
https://mustangforums.com/m_1696246/tm.htm#1700694

And this thread discusses suggested upgrades, order of them, etc:
https://mustangforums.com/m_2184423/tm.htm
Old 01-08-2007, 09:37 PM
vsop
3rd Gear Member

BMR Control Arm Package for the WIN...