Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

strut tower brace and shaker

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2007, 08:00 PM
Dumpweed
2nd Gear Member

Default strut tower brace and shaker

I plan on doing some suspension work next winter, and i also love the shaker hood looks. but i care more about performance (turning, i know the shaker doesnt do anything for HP). i've looked at a few pictures and as far as i can tell, you can't have both can you? but i've also heard the strut tower brace isn't all needed because the care is pretty stiff already. so i'm kind of stuck...can it be done?
Old 03-06-2007, 11:44 AM
Boozshey
5th Gear Member

Default RE: strut tower brace and shaker

I think it depends. From what I have read about the Braces is not many people have noticed that big of a difference. The biggest difference is going to be from actually lowering your car, so with that...

I dropped mine with the Eibach Pro spring kit, and I am more than happy with the cornering ability. I am sure that the strut tower brace would look cool when you lifted the hood and the Shaker would look cool all the time. I think they are both going to have the same performance enhancement in their respective areas, which isn't very much. I am sure if you were into Pro-Autocross the brace would be the better bet. So I say SHAKER BABY!!! Americn Muscle has them with free shipping. Can't beat that.
Old 03-06-2007, 06:49 PM
Dumpweed
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: strut tower brace and shaker

ORIGINAL: Boozshey

I think it depends. From what I have read about the Braces is not many people have noticed that big of a difference. The biggest difference is going to be from actually lowering your car, so with that...

I dropped mine with the Eibach Pro spring kit, and I am more than happy with the cornering ability. I am sure that the strut tower brace would look cool when you lifted the hood and the Shaker would look cool all the time. I think they are both going to have the same performance enhancement in their respective areas, which isn't very much. I am sure if you were into Pro-Autocross the brace would be the better bet. So I say SHAKER BABY!!! Americn Muscle has them with free shipping. Can't beat that.
haha, yeah your probably right, i know the performance of either will be min at best. Thanks, i'll probably go this way.