Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

How low is too low?

Old 03-20-2007, 12:09 AM
WhoMe
2nd Gear Member

Default How low is too low?

Hi,
Soon Ill be an owner of a brand new 2007 Mustang GT. As I planned for this purchase I knew immediatly that I would want to do a suspension drop on the car. The rear end in the air just totally killed the look of the car in my opinion. SOO I set out to find information on what to get to lower the car. Sure enough I stumbled upon a vast array of information on this forum that helped me greatly in my search for the best parts. However now Im struggling with what to do, as Im just not sure if the drop I want will be too low for a daily driver. basically I plan on going with the Eibach Pros.......SO is this drop too low for a daily driver? The roads here are middle of the road...some smooth some bumpy.

I also plan to go with the Tokico shocks and struts that most people on the forum reccommend without reservation.
Old 03-20-2007, 12:43 AM
retfr8flyr
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: How low is too low?

For a true DD I think the Pro kit is a little to low. I have the Steeda Ultralite springs and Tokico D-Spec’s and I am very happy with the setup. They drop the front about 1 inch and the rear about 1 ½ inch. I can drive almost normally, I still have to watch out for really steep driveway angles. I’m sure others will jump in with their opinion that it’s not low enough but I think you will find you will be happier with less drop than the pro kit.

Earl
Old 03-20-2007, 01:07 AM
WhoMe
2nd Gear Member

Thanks Earl, you wouldnt happen to have any pictures of your ride would you?
Old 03-20-2007, 01:26 AM
PERTANO
2nd Gear Member

I'm gonna have to disagree with retfr8flyer on this one. I have the pro-kit on my car and love it. I would definately not go any lower though. With the front end I have on my car I tend to scrap on really steep driveways and parking lots, but with a little attention and care it's not that bad. Here's a picture of my car off-roading for you to see the ride height.

Old 03-20-2007, 08:13 PM
retfr8flyr
3rd Gear Member

Here are a couple of shots.

Earl

[IMG]local://upfiles/39416/468B1DB193BE49F39DC266468A3E2B85.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/39416/BD895CA7D58943AF9388F506209C66F4.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/39416/E4D71823C67A40CA99B0D3BE5D6328EC.jpg[/IMG]
Old 03-21-2007, 04:48 PM
WhoMe
2nd Gear Member

Thanks retdr8flyer and Pertano for the beauitful pictures. I think Im going to go with the Eibach Pros initially. If it turns out its too low for me Ill just buy a set of the Steedas to correct it. While not the cheapest solution in the world Ive come to the realization that I wont know whats too low untill I try one. And Id rather go lower and find out its no good than to not go low and always wonder if I would have been happier with a lower look.
Old 03-22-2007, 04:00 PM
BoidMorphs
3rd Gear Member

Default Another Alternative

I've got these awaiting install and they only lower 1.3" all around. Check out the prices at this site for your Tokicos too! http://www.hotpart.com/index.php?p=show&id=105
Old 06-17-2007, 08:57 AM
WhoMe
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Another Alternative

Update:
Well I ended up going with the Eibach Pro Kit. Im VERY happy I went with the lower springs. The car looks fantastic and it handles great. I have NO clearence problems of any kind...even going up and down my driveway. Now mind you that doesnt mean I go driving around as if the ride was stock; you have to watch the pot holes and speed bumps.

Also I would higly reccommend the D-Specs to anyone considering lowering thier ride. While the drop looks great itl break your neck without some nice adjustable shocks.
Old 06-17-2007, 04:12 PM
havoc
2nd Gear Member

Congrats! I love my Tokicos and Eibachs!
Old 06-17-2007, 10:46 PM
s2k
5th Gear Member

So to lower my car allI will need is Shocks and springs. right?Keep in mind i want it to be done safely. I dont need the performance of LCA's but if i need them, then so be it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How low is too low?