Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

d bad Need more traction.

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2007, 06:53 PM
saud alzaabi
3rd Gear Member

Default d bad Need more traction.

hey all,

I just came from the track and guess what ? My car needs traction..

lol.. not that I did bad but u know since they are testing the track is 350 meters and I got 12.0 I know I still suck but what sucks is that I have no traction at all..

My mods are

ADJ,lca
UCA
steeda sway bar ( very nice I like but didnt help in autocross)
275/35/18 michelin pilot sports on stock fan blade rims

and soon to come
305/35/18 Nitto555r(on 10' offset bullet rims )

so what do u think I need more? a guy told me I should change my LSD (the part in the diffrentia) and said to install some type of lock lsd ? Im not really sure but he said it should help tires not spin alot..

so give me all your info on more traction..

my car is a daily driver/highway driving and racing.

do your magic.

thanks
Old 05-18-2007, 08:09 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

Default RE: d bad Need more traction.

relocation brackets
Old 05-18-2007, 08:18 PM
buddha211
2nd Gear Member

When you say racing do you mean drag racing, road racing, auto-x racing?

I would say the relocation brackets would help since it *looks* like you've lowered the car.
As for the limited slip...I don't know much but if you are more into drag racing it might be a good idea. I'm not sure how well that would translate to hard cornering though.
Old 05-18-2007, 09:41 PM
saud alzaabi
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: buddha211

When you say racing do you mean drag racing, road racing, auto-x racing?

I would say the relocation brackets would help since it *looks* like you've lowered the car.
As for the limited slip...I don't know much but if you are more into drag racing it might be a good idea. I'm not sure how well that would translate to hard cornering though.
i do all..

and anything more than a relocation brackets ?
Old 05-19-2007, 03:54 AM
RodeoFlyer
4th Gear Member

Is your Steeda swaybar front or rear? Regardless - remove your front swaybar at the track. She'll handle a little wierd on the street with it off.

LCA brackets will help all around.

Is your car a stick? If so pay attention to your left foot and not the right.

There are a lot of factors involved. What are your 60ft times? Tire pressures? Track conditions? Often times people want to blame the car when it's not really the source of the problem.
Old 05-19-2007, 08:17 AM
saud alzaabi
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: RodeoFlyer

Is your Steeda swaybar front or rear? Regardless - remove your front swaybar at the track. She'll handle a little wierd on the street with it off.

LCA brackets will help all around.

Is your car a stick? If so pay attention to your left foot and not the right.

There are a lot of factors involved. What are your 60ft times? Tire pressures? Track conditions? Often times people want to blame the car when it's not really the source of the problem.
Rear sway bar... and the tire pressure was 1st round 20 psi ,2nd round 15 psi ... 3rd round 10 psi ..

I loved the 10 psi but then it wouldnt help me after first 100 meters.. and there was no 60 ft times .. cuz its actually a formula 1 track but they were testing how poeple like drag racing ,auto crossing and auto testing..
Old 05-19-2007, 09:42 AM
Stkjock
Retired Mod

track tires.... like those nittos you have comming should be a big help
Old 05-19-2007, 05:03 PM
RodeoFlyer
4th Gear Member

Your first mistake waslowering your tire pressure WAY too much. Street tires are not designed to let the sidewalls wrinkle. It's okay to lower them to somewhere in the mid 20's or so, but no more than that. Below that you will actually cause the tire to trip over itself. Inside the car it will feel like wheelhop. Drag radials area decent compromise, but many people don't seem to understand the meaning of the word.

You still didn't say if your car is stick or auto. If it's a stick you are probably paying attention to the wrong foot. The clutch pedal can be your best friend or worst enemy.

Try removing your front swaybar and setting your tires around 24-28psi. If you have a stick practice slipping the clutch. I know this sounds silly but if you are spinning and at the 60ft (imagine it's there)mark you don't smell clutch dust there's probably more to be had lol. A good launch on a stock clutch is pretty hard on it - that's just the way it is. My car is set up for road racing and I can still pull 2.0's and an occasional 1.9 - and that's at a $hithole track with little prep.
Old 05-19-2007, 05:54 PM
saud alzaabi
3rd Gear Member

my car is stick ...

and Yes I was paying attention to the clutch but I wont lie and say I did the best... but I was also harsh on the rpm.. maybe like launching 2500 ? 3200 ? RPM... I think that was too much .. but when light is red I pay attention to clutch and till it goes to green my right foot gets a bit heavier.. Im getting a spec stage 2 clutch kit soon but I need help.. If you check the performance section you can see my post.. it may be hard to understand but Im in need of a light clutch pedal cuz somehow I drive on traffic jams by mistake and hate it...
Old 05-19-2007, 06:25 PM
RodeoFlyer
4th Gear Member

That's actually not bad at all.I leave at 3500. I'm guessing you are popping the clutch out and getting on the gas too soon. It's all in your left foot.

Quick Reply: d bad Need more traction.