Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

Need help slowing my pony

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2007, 06:35 AM
Simon1
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Need help slowing my pony

Used to Looooove driving in the desert betwen desert Center and Blythe used to top 100 regularly topped 130 a few times too,or go from Victorville to Vegas while trying to set the land speed record The days of my youth were quite reckless to say the least but the truth is alot of highways have 70 or even 75mph speed limits now a days and people will always do 10, 15 and even 20miles an hr over the speed limit which granted only puts you at 80-90 mph but it's not hard to bump up to 100. Now the disclaimer is most people have no business seeing the north side of 100.
I used to love catching the folks going over 100 out there. There is no place to hide and it was like shooting fish in a barrel. I am intamently familiar with that area. 130 wasn't so unusuall.

Old 05-25-2007, 01:53 PM
Mikes_BLK_GT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Simon1

Used to Looooove driving in the desert betwen desert Center and Blythe used to top 100 regularly topped 130 a few times too,or go from Victorville to Vegas while trying to set the land speed record The days of my youth were quite reckless to say the least but the truth is alot of highways have 70 or even 75mph speed limits now a days and people will always do 10, 15 and even 20miles an hr over the speed limit which granted only puts you at 80-90 mph but it's not hard to bump up to 100. Now the disclaimer is most people have no business seeing the north side of 100.
I used to love catching the folks going over 100 out there. There is no place to hide and it was like shooting fish in a barrel. I am intamently familiar with that area. 130 wasn't so unusuall.

heh It was fun,ofcourse I dont do that kind of thing anymore[sm=bustedsign.gif]
Old 05-26-2007, 01:33 PM
05GTFirefighter

ORIGINAL: spuddogg

ORIGINAL: P Zero
And they wont suspend your license for going MPH, FYI. Maybe if he gets caught like 6 times they might.
But then again it looks like he a firefighter so even if he gets stopped he probably wont get a ticket.
-P.
In the People's Democratic Republic of the Commonwealth of Virginia, that's the first thing the judge will do.
Then again your point about the firefighter thinghas merit - from my own experience, most drivers with firefighter tags on their vehicles are the most aggressive, dangerous and downright obnoxious people on the road (I mean this no way to include or cast aspersions on the OP).
PS: 100 really isnt fast.
On the street, that's incredibly fast.

+1 on the braided steel brake lines and Hawk pads, though.
I bet your the type of person that makes a statement like the one above but if the fire department takes2 Min's. to get to your house when you call 911 you are blowing your top. Running around acting like a fool asking us what in the hell took us so long. When you drive fast so much you find it hard not to do it. Oh by the way i was asking about my brakes for the 1/4 mile TRACK. But yes when I'm not working my full time jobas a firefighter for BaltimoreCity I may find myself doing 100 MPH or faster responding to my Volunteer fire house to take calls (on my days off) just remember on your way back from pissing on ground zero, if you where to get into an accident (doing 55 of course) you may find yourself looking at one of the most aggressive, dangerous and downright obnoxious people on the road, justbe nice enoughto thank them for saving your pathetic life!to everyone else, thanks for your support!!!
Old 05-26-2007, 03:58 PM
Mikes_BLK_GT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 05GTFirefighter

ORIGINAL: spuddogg

ORIGINAL: P Zero
And they wont suspend your license for going MPH, FYI. Maybe if he gets caught like 6 times they might.
But then again it looks like he a firefighter so even if he gets stopped he probably wont get a ticket.
-P.
In the People's Democratic Republic of the Commonwealth of Virginia, that's the first thing the judge will do.
Then again your point about the firefighter thinghas merit - from my own experience, most drivers with firefighter tags on their vehicles are the most aggressive, dangerous and downright obnoxious people on the road (I mean this no way to include or cast aspersions on the OP).
PS: 100 really isnt fast.
On the street, that's incredibly fast.

+1 on the braided steel brake lines and Hawk pads, though.
I bet your the type of person that makes a statement like the one above but if the fire department takes2 Min's. to get to your house when you call 911 you are blowing your top. Running around acting like a fool asking us what in the hell took us so long. When you drive fast so much you find it hard not to do it. Oh by the way i was asking about my brakes for the 1/4 mile TRACK. But yes when I'm not working my full time jobas a firefighter for BaltimoreCity I may find myself doing 100 MPH or faster responding to my Volunteer fire house to take calls (on my days off) just remember on your way back from pissing on ground zero, if you where to get into an accident (doing 55 of course) you may find yourself looking at one of the most aggressive, dangerous and downright obnoxious people on the road, justbe nice enoughto thank them for saving your pathetic life!to everyone else, thanks for your support!!!
Being a firefighter does not give you special privleges oh and please with that attitude DONOT respond for me thanks I would not want to have to owe you anything. Talk about pathetic.....
Old 05-26-2007, 05:40 PM
05GTFirefighter

Mikes_BLK_GTthis response was not intended for you.I pulled my quote from your text that is all, i was responding to spuddoggthe firefighter hater!
Old 05-26-2007, 06:59 PM
Mikes_BLK_GT
4th Gear Member

Dude no disrespect intended, I'd prefer to get along with you. I have had need for the fire dept and would thank them repeatedly for taking care of my daughter when she was in a wreck about 18months ago. Talking about these cars is my favorite thing to do these days but a couple things that you had posted just rubbed me wrong, that is all. I am ex military myself so being put into harms way is something alot of people here and everywhere else accross the country have done. This is all offtopic so I wont say anymore on the subject just wanted you to know where I was coming from. Have a good one and be safe.
Old 05-26-2007, 09:43 PM
2007GT/CS
3rd Gear Member

Would someone please post a link to the definitive "here's how to flush/fill your brake fluid" thread.

Thanks!
Old 06-02-2007, 07:19 AM
overseacobra

I feel sorry for you guys over there in the States!

I live in Sweden, and travel alot around Europe, and if your doing 100mph on the freeway, you better be in the slow-lane! But Euro cars are made for 130+ cruising speeds, with brakes, chassi, tires etc. But my 05 Pontiac GTO was completl

Theres no better feeling then cruising at 170-180 on an empty5 lane highway at 4am with some good music on!

Funny thing is, Germany has a lower accident per capita ratio then most other countries in the world.

Regarding the brakes on the Mustang, I bought the GT500 brembo 4 piston, 14" kit for 889 bucks + shipping, and it works great! SS lines, Dot 4 brake fluid and aggressive pads. and it stops like a Porsche.