Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

Steeda Heavy Duty Upper Strut Mount - feedback?

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2007, 09:32 PM
rnail
1st Gear Member

Default Steeda Heavy Duty Upper Strut Mount - feedback?

Has anyone used the Steeda heavy duty upper strut mounts. I have hadthe dreaded strut mount "chuckle/popping' basically since I purchased the car and am now going to install the Steeda Sport Springs. I thought I could kill three birds with one stone - i.e. fix the strut mount and be able to adjust the camber with the lowering springs.

I thought about getting the new revised strut mount from ford, but I would still probably need at least camber bolts, and this would seemingly give me a "cleaner" solution and more adjustibility.

Any comments appreciated, as I want to order the parts so I can install them last week of the month.
Old 07-18-2007, 12:20 AM
F1Fan
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Steeda Heavy Duty Upper Strut Mount - feedback?

ORIGINAL: rnail
Has anyone used the Steeda heavy duty upper strut mounts. I have hadthe dreaded strut mount "chuckle/popping' basically since I purchased the car and am now going to install the Steeda Sport Springs. I thought I could kill three birds with one stone - i.e. fix the strut mount and be able to adjust the camber with the lowering springs.

I thought about getting the new revised strut mount from ford, but I would still probably need at least camber bolts, and this would seemingly give me a "cleaner" solution and more adjustibility.

Any comments appreciated, as I want to order the parts so I can install them last week of the month.
Hi rnail,

I have them and they solved my strut poping and clicking problems that really never went away with replacing the original strut bearings with the new updated parts. No pops, clicks or noise at all just smooth precise steering. I take my car apart regularly to play with it and this may have been the problem with the stock strut bearings. Ford suggeststhe strut bearings are a part thatneeds to be replaced once you disassemble the strut assembly and I found this is pretty much the truth. But the Steeda Heavy Duty Strut Mount is a reuseable part and can be used over and over. With the Steeda Sport springs youshould be able to get enough adjustment while retaining the stock strut to spindle bolts which are much stronger and more reliable on the street.

Cheers!
Old 07-18-2007, 04:00 PM
ren274u
3rd Gear Member

I got them too with the sport springs, no problems. I would reccommend that you install some shocks at the same time. The sports are stiff springs but with right shocks ride nice.
Old 07-18-2007, 06:13 PM
F1Fan
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ren274u
I got them too with the sport springs, no problems. I would reccommend that you install some shocks at the same time. The sports are stiff springs but with right shocks ride nice.
Hi ren274u,

I like my Steeda Heavy Duty Strut Bearings, like I said they solved the poping and clicking fromfailed strut bearings. The Steeda Sport springs are much softer and ridebetter than the Steeda Comps or Eibach Pro-Kit springs especially if you install D-Specs and adjust them own a bit for around town use. But that said the regular Steeda Sport springs are much better suited to use with the stock struts and rear dampers than the Comps or Pro-Kits and will not blow-out the dampers as fast as the higher rate Comp and Pro-Kit springs.

Hope this helps!