Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

Steeda Adjustible Sway Bar End Link Adust

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2007, 08:46 PM
rnail
1st Gear Member

Default Steeda Adjustible Sway Bar End Link Adust

I compelted the install of the Steeda suspension this last weekend with the front and rear sway bars. The factory front endlinks keep loostenting and making noise, so I just got the Steeda competition/street adjustible endliks. They are much more robust and easier to torque. I will be installing this weekend.

Question: How should these be adjusted with my 1" lowered car on the Steeda Sport springs? Should I simply set them to factory end link length, or should I try to adjust them a little shorter based on the new ride height? Will this mess up the nice flat neurtal handling that I have obtained?

Any help here would be appreciated.
Thanks
Old 09-28-2007, 10:47 PM
F1Fan
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Steeda Adjustible Sway Bar End Link Adust

ORIGINAL: rnail
I compelted the install of the Steeda suspension this last weekend with the front and rear sway bars. The factory front endlinks keep loostenting and making noise, so I just got the Steeda competition/street adjustible endliks. They are much more robust and easier to torque. I will be installing this weekend.

Question: How should these be adjusted with my 1" lowered car on the Steeda Sport springs? Should I simply set them to factory end link length, or should I try to adjust them a little shorter based on the new ride height? Will this mess up the nice flat neurtal handling that I have obtained?

Any help here would be appreciated.
Thanks
Hi rnail,

Just make them the same length as the stock A-R bar links. You can alsooptimize them by setting the length of the links and the A-R bar perpendicular to ecah other. The inportant thing to do is to keep them the same length, this isso both sides work equallyleft and right with no preload.

HTH!
Old 09-28-2007, 10:50 PM
steelcomp
2nd Gear Member

You can shorten them a little if you like, but it's really not necessary. The best you can do is have the car on perfect level ground (or alignment rack) and make sure the links go in the holes freely (however long you decide to make them). You don't want to pre-load the sway bar. (Well, you can, but that's another thread) What I mean, is, once you have one link installed, you shouldn't have to pull or push on the sway bar to install the other. Just make it long enough to install freely. The reason I say this is that the two links may not neccessarilyend upexactly the same length. It's more important to have the bar neutral.
Hope this helps

edited to add...F1 beat me to it
Old 09-29-2007, 10:50 AM
rnail
1st Gear Member

Thanks for the help guys. I'm going to install tomorrow andlet you know how it goes.

P.S. For those interested in my impressions of the Steeda suspension:

I installedthe Steeda Sport springs and the ProActiondampers about 2 months ago anddrovethe car around for a while.I found that withthe tires aired just above spec 33.5 lbs the car hadmuch improvedhandling, fairly flat, fairly firm, but not harsh and quite supple over moderately bumpy roads. Much more confidence inspiring. There was stillmoderateundersteer.

I installed the Steeda front 1 3/8 and rear 7/8 inch with billet rear links last weekend andthey seem to work very well together. I have neutral handling and very flat cornering with the front sway set to the middle hole. There is a slight penalty in increased firmnessbut the car really turns in aggressively.You do give up some of the suppleness at speed on the moderately bumpy roads as it gets a little more jittery in these situations.
Old 10-01-2007, 06:06 PM
rnail
1st Gear Member

I got the adjustable front endlinks installed. I set them to factory length and they slid right in with no bias adjustment needed. They seem to ride real quite and really solid. No complaints here.