Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

Eibach Springs... Prokit vs. Sportline

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2007, 11:59 PM
FTT

Default Eibach Springs... Prokit vs. Sportline

Ive read and read and read and read about the differences between the two springs and how it changes how the car handles and rides...

thats just to let you know I have read the threads on this wonderful board and am not just asking a question without prior research...

It seems that the majority of people here like the prokit vs the sportline because it doesnt lower the car as much... especialy for a daily driver. Is there a spring out there that would be inbetween a prokit and a sportline (obviously not by Eibach... but some other company).

Also, does anyone here (on their daily driver) have sportline springs installed? If so, have you had any issues at all? (please consider the following:In the area I live and areas I drive (daily) there are very few potholes or high curbs and only a few speed bumps)

Also, I have 20"x8.5" wheels with Nitto 555's ... With either the prokit or the sportline's will I get any wheel rub when turning?

Any help from you guys would be welcome,

Thanks everyone... keep up the awsome site!

FTT
Old 11-14-2007, 08:06 PM
FTT

Default RE: Eibach Springs... Prokit vs. Sportline

Bumping to the top... tryin to get some answers here,

thanks for your help

FTT
Old 11-14-2007, 09:14 PM
oshkoshbajawsh
I ♥ Acer

go with prokit. you shouldnt have rubbing either way but you might want to tell more about what size tires you have..
Old 11-15-2007, 10:30 AM
Praline
1st Gear Member

I have the pro-kit with 18x8.5s and I'm really happy with the way the car looks and rides. 20s shouldn't be a problem as long as you have lower-profile tires on them.
Old 11-16-2007, 07:27 PM
FTT

Thanks for the replies guys!

Im curious if anyone has pictures of cars with 20's and the prokit... also if you have some with 20's and sportline... just wanna do a comparison..

I have 255/35-20 tires on 20x8.5 rims...

Thanks everyone

FTT
Old 11-16-2007, 11:47 PM
Paleoc
2nd Gear Member

No wheel rub. I have sportlines with 20's and they are streetable if you don't have bumpy roads or potholes. They are tolerable on a smooth roadbut if the roads are poor, definitely not.

Old 11-17-2007, 10:23 AM
07lane40
3rd Gear Member

nice tires paleoc i have the same! and +1 to exactly what paleoc said. i'd post a pic, but idk how to do that on the forum.
Old 11-19-2007, 02:50 AM
FTT

well thanks... im glad someone had somthign to say about sportline's... man thats a beautifull car... can you give me some specs on the wheels you got? Fantastic ride though man... freakin cool...

Just got my Shaker hood put on yesterday... merged it with a C&L CAI and a BBK 70mm Throttle body... I think once I lower it and detail the hell out of my car Im going to take a bunch of pics and show off my girl like the rest of you guys :-)

Allright,

Thanks for the reply!

FTT
Old 11-19-2007, 04:53 PM
Paleoc
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: FTT

can you give me some specs on the wheels you got?
American Racing Anthracite Shelby Razors 20x9 Max recommended tire width 275 (I have 255/35ZR20 all round). They come in chrome and silver as well. http://www.americanracing.com/browse_carroll.asp

Old 11-23-2007, 06:57 PM
danbevsv6rumbler
3rd Gear Member

Are there any recommendations as far as shock/strut bracing/panhard replacement with the lowering of the car... especially with the prokit? I figured shocks could be an issue since the OEM shocks aren't designed for that... but what about the other things?

Quick Reply: Eibach Springs... Prokit vs. Sportline