MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   S197 Handling Section (https://mustangforums.com/forum/s197-handling-section-121/)
-   -   Current suspension plan . . . is it a good one? (https://mustangforums.com/forum/s197-handling-section/372897-current-suspension-plan-is-it-a-good-one.html)

UrS4 11-20-2007 09:03 PM

Current suspension plan . . . is it a good one?

Hey guys,

Thanks toRodeoflyer, F1Fanand many others I have been trying to research and plan out my suspension set up.

Here is what parts I plan to go with:

Prothane bullitt motor mounts $ 129
CHE 4 point K member brace with torque limiters with rod ends $ 171
CHE Severe Duty double adjustable panhard bar poly/rod mix $150
CHE Panhard brace $89
CHE Severe Duty double adjustable LCA poly/rod mix $220
Steeda Adjustable Competition UCA $280
Steeda Competition linear springs $330
Tokico D-specs $507
Steeda Heavy Duty Upper strut mounts $270

How's it look? Anything I am missing? Overkill at all for a DD that will see a 2-3 road course events a year?

Do I really need the MM caster/camber plates or the Steeda Competition spring seats? Even with the Competition springs the front will only drop 1" and the rear 1.25". How much will the camber be off that I need so much adjustability (not to mention, they are $335).

Thanks guys

UrS4

MHGT 11-20-2007 09:08 PM

RE: Current suspension plan . . . is it a good one?

All will be very helpfull.....the only thing I would do is rather than camber bolts buy some adjustable upper plates, will make all the difference in the world and you have it apart anyways ....
You will surely notice a big improvement in handeling but you will also notice a huge difference in noise transfer with the poly bushings....for me it was well worth it though !!

alloutt 11-21-2007 01:03 AM

If your on a budget I would cut out some of the other things before the camber plates...

GotMunchies? 11-21-2007 01:26 AM

Money spent on the G-trac brace would be better allocated to HD strut mounts (adjustable camber plates).

RodeoFlyer 11-21-2007 12:11 PM

Maximum Motorsports c/c plates would be nice

If your going with a poly third link the differential bushing wont live long. It's a BITCH to replace. Either take the hit now and replace it with a Steeda spherical or use a rod end on the third link. You wont hear the Steeda bushing on the diff too much.

alloutt 11-21-2007 01:20 PM

ORIGINAL: RodeoFlyer

Maximum Motorsports c/c plates would be nice

If your going with a poly third link the differential bushing wont live long. It's a BITCH to replace. Either take the hit now and replace it with a Steeda spherical or use a rod end on the third link. You wont hear the Steeda bushing on the diff too much.
your saying the UCA should be spherical on both ends?

RodeoFlyer 11-21-2007 02:23 PM

you have multiple options. There are some with a rod end at the body side, or a rod end at both sides for adjustability while attached. The bushing in the diff will have to take more of a load when you reduce compliance, as with a poly bushing on the third link.

The Steeda competition link/mount is the best current choice.

UrS4 11-21-2007 05:17 PM

Okay RodeoFlyer,

I have made some changes to my list and asked a question.

The stuff in my list is on the spendy side compared to similar products so do you think I am going overboard with all the HD mounts, caster/camber stuff for a DD that will see a few road course events per year?

RodeoFlyer 11-21-2007 05:41 PM

Slippery slope.

If you wanna run a couple track days a year, show up and run without f'ing with your setup other than a couple clicks on the shocks - camber bolts will be just fine HOWEVER

If your replacing the strut mounts anyhow, as long as you have the front end apart, c/c plates would be a worthy investment, leaving you the option of adjustment down the road. If you decide you want them later, you will be paying for the labor twice.

UrS4 11-23-2007 01:30 PM

Okay RodeoFlyer,

How about the following amendments to my list.

Ditch the CHE double adj LCA for BMR fixed length poly/rod mix LCA as having everything being adjustable means to me a lot of ways I can screw it or shop can screw it up trying to align everthing.