Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

Springs and the ride

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2007, 10:10 PM
Snakebyte94

Default Springs and the ride

I have readto many differant post about spring rates and the ride on here.
I have an 07 Mustang GT with D-Spec's, Steeda front & rear sway bars, comp. front endlinks, raerLCA,panhard bar & Sport springs.
Although I like the ride height of the springs. I don't like the ride. Feels like riding ahardtail Harley.
Ijust triedthe Ford racing K springs. The ride is better, but now it's too low. Iwas thinking oftrying H&R sport springs next.
I want the car to handle well. but I would like a nice ride. I have a bad back so I feel the bumps more.
Any suggestions.
Old 12-22-2007, 11:11 PM
GT Bob
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Springs and the ride

Well, I can't comment on H&R's, but if ride quality is a concern, stay away from the Rouch springs. I don't have a bad back, and I am not liking the ride I am getting from them.
Old 12-23-2007, 03:25 AM
Cobrakev
3rd Gear Member

I think one of your problems are the endlinks you are using. This is what Steeda says about their endlinks.
Recommended for competition use only. Will increase front end NVH (noise, vibration, and harshness) in street applications.
I have tried them in my older Mustang, trust me, you feel everything on the road..
Old 12-23-2007, 07:55 AM
reeflover
2nd Gear Member

I have not bought them yet but I have been told buy my performance shop that Steeda's sport springs have a pretty nice ride in compared with BMR springs.
Old 12-23-2007, 08:59 AM
Lito
2nd Gear Member

I have the H&R, all I can say is that I like them, took them to track and the car is awesome over the curbs with the D-Specs full hard, on the road (believe me that our roads are a nightmare) its a little harder than stock but barely noticeable, maybe the rear is the hardest. I like the height of the car, have not scraped it yet. I think I found the perfect balance between performance and ride, nothing to envy from an high end european.

But what can I say, I haven't ride in the sports, so can't compare, have 1 friend with the fords and found the ride quite easy given the low the car is. I think my car is a little bit more harsh than his.

I also think that the weakest point of our suspension is the OEM shocks. They are a waste.
Old 12-23-2007, 08:28 PM
Snakebyte94

ORIGINAL: Cobrakev

I think one of your problems are the endlinks you are using. This is what Steeda says about their endlinks.
Recommended for competition use only. Will increase front end NVH (noise, vibration, and harshness) in street applications.
I have tried them in my older Mustang, trust me, you feel everything on the road..
What endlinks did you use???