Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

2007 ford mustang gt suspension modification advice

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2007, 07:50 PM
ssemich
1st Gear Member

Default 2007 ford mustang gt suspension modification advice

Hello,

I own a 2007 Ford Mustang GT. I have done the CAI, Tuner, CDC Shaker, CDC classic chin spoiler, hood pins...Getting ready to do 373 gears...

Looking at the FRPP suspension pack...Wondering how it affects the handling and driving on a daily driver? Don't want to lower the car too much, due to speed bumps.

Wondering what suspension mods are the best to start with?

Thinking FRPP suspension pack with upgraded UCA, LCA and Panhard bar?

Thanks,

Steve

Old 12-23-2007, 07:55 PM
Sleeper_08
4th Gear Member

Default RE: 2007 ford mustang gt suspension modification advice

ssemich

If you do a search forBy Author = F1Fan and then sort in descending date order you'll find enough information to keep you reading for hours.
Old 12-23-2007, 10:45 PM
Argonaut
4th Gear Member

Default RE: 2007 ford mustang gt suspension modification advice

My 2 cents: The springs in the FRPP handling pack are the Eibach-Pros, the same springs I have. You will not need the strut bar(it might be valuable if you were racing...but then you wouldn't be asking this question). Also IMO you don't need the front sway bar. The car already understeers, increasing the size of both front and rear just perpetuates the understeer. The rear sway would be good to have. I don't know much about the dampers that come in that kit so can't really comment on them.

I do know that the combination of Eibach-Pro and Tokico D-Specs make for a great handling car. The cost is roughly $700-750 and you will likely find that it will suit you. If you need more, you can always add later but this is a good combo to start with. The PH bar, UCA and LCAs would be valuable if you are into racing, especially dragbut if its just a street car...well you can always add those in the future also. Note that with a 1.4 inch drop (Eibach Pro)you will probably not need a PH bar to recenter the rear end, so if you get one its to stiffen the rear end for racing.

Regards your question about daily driver: all lowering springs by nature are going to be stiffer. You will feel bumps more. But its very tolerable to me (everyone has different tolerance level for NVH). I have yet to have a problem with speed bumps but have to watch out for curbs and steep driveways. This is with stock Pirellis and 17 inch rims. If you have 16 inch rims and/or lower profile tires then your chin will be a bit lower and speed bumps might start to cause problems...depends on the size.