Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

Lowering Springs & What Else???

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2007, 06:27 PM
2006gtmike
2nd Gear Member

Default Lowering Springs & What Else???

I need help determining which springs, shocks/struts, pan hard bar and/or rear swaybar, strut mountsI should purchase (i.e. brand, spring rate, race, competition).

My car is a daily driver and will see some drag strip action. I probably will never get to a road course unless there's one in my area (Philadelphia, PA).

I plan on keeping my stock 17" wheels and later on add a CDC chin spoiler (not the aggressive one though).

I will be adding some sort of supercharger in the future, probably a Saleen, but not sure at the present time.

The only suspension mods I have currently done to my car are the Steeda 555-4109 Adjustable Upper Comp/Street Kit - Bushing End & HD Mount AND Steeda 555-4422 Chrome Moly Steel Lower Control Arms.

Parts List:

Steeda Sport Springs - Part Numbers: 555-8215/8216

OR

Steeda Ultralite Springs - Part Number: 555-8206

OR

Eibach Pro Kit Lowering Springs - Million Mile Warranty

Steeda Heavy Duty Upper Strut Mounts - Set of 2 - Street - 555-8120

Tokico D Spec - Set of 4 - 578-DSP-12

Steeda Lower Control Arm Relocation Brackets - 555-8119

Steeda Comp. Adjustable Race Panhard Bar - 555-2552

OR

Steeda Comp. Adj. Race Panhard Bar & Brace - 555-2553

Steeda Rear Swaybar - 555-1056
Old 12-31-2007, 10:29 AM
2006gtmike
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Lowering Springs & What Else???

I did forget to mention Part# 555-8096 Steeda Billet Camber Adjusters.

I don't want to increase my 1/4 mile timeseither, if possible. Due to different weight transfer to the front and rear of the car or, whatever, can this occur with mods I'm thinking about?

I will be doing more drag racing than anything.

F1Fan and all the other suspension experts out there please chime in.

Old 12-31-2007, 12:28 PM
shooter23
3rd Gear Member

List looks good, i dunno if i'd go with "race" everything, mainly cause it'll ride really rough.

I like the eibach kit myself for the springs, but all in all, those are the lease of your worries, the difference is going to come in the bushins and the other components, mainly struts, as to how they are going to feel and work.
Old 12-31-2007, 01:05 PM
Argonaut
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 2006gtmike

My car is a daily driver and will see some drag strip action. I probably will never get to a road course unless there's one in my area (Philadelphia, PA).
Did you know that Summit Point is only a couple hrs from you? (www.summitpoint-raceway.com). There is a new track opening insouthern New Jersey this spring. Also there are a ton of Autocross events in the Philly/Baltimore/DC areas.

I have the Eibach-Pros and are happy with them. The ride is pretty firm but it suits me. I have heard the Ultralites are more comfy. The Steeda strut mounts are good, they give youthe added ability to adjust camber. I have the J&M adjustable camber plates, same type quality, just a bit less $. I don't see why you would need the Billet Camber Adjusters...the mounts will take care of the camber adjustment plus they require you to modify the stuts (elongate the mounting holes). All the Steeda rear end stuff are good choices. I have not installed the PH bar or LCAs yet but have read many good things about Steeda (like they are chrom-moly while many others are mild steel). But note that the comp PH Bar hassperical rod ends, it will add some NVH for a daily driver. Its also a weld in unit. The only negative I've heard about the performance of Steeda's parts is they seem to squeak more than some of the others - perhaps you can comment since you already have the Steeda UCA and LCAs installed.

Old 12-31-2007, 01:15 PM
Norm Peterson
6th Gear Member

Various groups also run open track days at Pocono's road course.

Norm
Old 12-31-2007, 08:03 PM
2006gtmike
2nd Gear Member

I haven't noticed any noise difference with the Steeda LCA's but there is an occasional clunk coming from the Steeda UCA. It's not loud at all. It sounds like the UCA moving up and down, clinking and clunking. I could be wrong. I don't mind a little noise but I definately don't want a lot of vibration occurring.

That's cool there are road course events around me. Right now I am more into drag racing though.

I still don't know if I want Eibach Pro's or Steeda Sports or Steeda Ultralights?

Comfortwise I could care less, otherwise I would have bought a luxury boat to set sail in on the highway.

So what parts are needed to accomodate the Eibach or Steeda lowering springs?

Tokico D-Specs, Pan Hard Bar & Brace, Adjustable Rear Swaybar, Strut Mounts???

Do I NEED LCA Relocation Brackets???
Old 01-01-2008, 01:39 PM
Argonaut
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 2006gtmike
So what parts are needed to accomodate the Eibach or Steeda lowering springs?

Tokico D-Specs, Pan Hard Bar & Brace, Adjustable Rear Swaybar, Strut Mounts???

Do I NEED LCA Relocation Brackets???
Parts Needed on the Front:the D-Specs,Strut Mounts, and new spindle bolts (the bolts that connect the strut to the spindle are 1 time use items)

Parts Neededon the rear for Drag racing: D-Specs,LCAs, PH bar, PH brace, Reloc brackets, and newbolts. Optional - UCA andHD mount. .

I think thats it
Old 01-01-2008, 09:57 PM
2006gtmike
2nd Gear Member

Argonaut: What springs would you recommend for my particular situation? Steeda Sport's, Steeda Ultralite's, or Eibach Pro's?

Argonaut: So I wouldn't necessarily need a rear sway bar?

I already have the Steeda AdjustableCompetition UCA Part#4109 installed with the fixed chrome moly LCA's.