Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

Your help and understanding appreciated

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2008, 04:46 PM
Sam Strano
Former Sponsor

Default Your help and understanding appreciated

Due to serious medical complications (my motherwho does most of the paperwork and ordering has Leukemia andher remission has ended so she ishospitalized for Chemotheraphy,followed by a Bone Marrow transplant). Strano Performance is not closed, just extremely busy for one person doing all the work. Today I had 14 voicemails, and didn't know it until 5 PM because I was on the phone, doing tech and taking orders, and packing boxes all day.

Sidenote: One of those calls was from a man named Dennis from, I believe, Florida judging by his 305 area code. I missed his call yesterday, I called back and missed him, and again today the same thing. So Dennis, if you are out there know I'm here! I do not have your phone number to try again, and I'd love to opprotunity to work for you.

I ask for your understanding and patience. It might take me a while to call back, but I will call you back. Phone calls do take priority over e-mails so if you are a hurry to know something, you might try both. But as always details are best dealt with by phone. Orders can be placed online on our website, but if you don't see the item, please call.

I ask for your help by letting folks know. My worst fear is that someone flips out because it took me a day or two to finally get back to them, and in the meantime goes screaming about that on the internet. I humbly ask if you know or hear of someone looking for me that you let them know I'm doing my level best and will respond to them as soon as humanly possible.
Last year was out best year ever, by far. I worked the majority of it by myself and it's a bit overwhelming to do all the work... but it needs done and my name is on the door.

Thanks, and I know I'm new here.... I hate posting this, but the alternative of folks thinking I'm a flake or a part-time business person is worse.

Old 01-18-2008, 05:42 PM
navyscott
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Your help and understanding appreciated

Sam,
First of all, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I sincerely hope your Mother does as well as possible. Secondly, while not (yet) a customer of yours, I really appreciate the hosesty and candor you show by your post. A true sign of a stand up guy.
Good luck with running the business. As I have often found, staying busy can be great therapy.
Regards,
Scott
Old 01-19-2008, 02:09 PM
mpnelson81

Prayers sent.... Best of luck to you and your mother. From another future customer (still working on the wife! )

mpnelson81

Old 01-19-2008, 07:38 PM
SVThis

I've been lurking on this forum for quite sometime, trying to decide what kind of stock class car to replace my 2002 Z28 with. It's great to see Sam on this forum. I have bought parts from him and he gave me greatadvice on how to set up my car.

When Sam talks you should listen. He knows what he's talking about. If you want a fastcar that is super easy to drive, follow hisadvice, as it's priceless.

Sorryto hear about your Mom, as she's a real nice lady. Give her our best.
Old 01-20-2008, 11:05 PM
2007GT/CS
3rd Gear Member

Thanks for replying to my earlier email Sam. I'll give you a call when your Mom is feeling better which we hope is very soon!
Old 01-21-2008, 01:24 PM
Pantera72
4th Gear Member

Sorry to hear about your mom. Although I have never bought anything from you I respect that you came here beforehand to let your customers know your reasons for being behind. I think you should edit your title to include the company name, then people will recognize this thread for what it is.
Old 01-21-2008, 07:47 PM
Dave07GTCS

Sam
Your advice on this forum is invaluable and I hope I speak for all of the members who read your comments that you and your mom will be in our prayers. I still have a few months before I need to order from you so I can wait unill things are easier for you. Take care and take care of your mom.