Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

Gt Coupes w/KONI Yellows

Old 03-01-2008, 12:25 PM
2006gtmike
2nd Gear Member

Default Gt Coupes w/KONI Yellows

I JUST got my Koni's, Vogtland 'Leveling' Springs, Steeda Upper Strut Mounts, Pan Hard Bar & Brace and Lower Control Arm Relocation Brackets installed on Friday and would like to know what setting people out there have the shocks and struts adjusted to? How many turns, etc. etc. Thanks!
Old 03-01-2008, 12:31 PM
ziperhead
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Gt Coupes w/KONI Yellows

I am running mine at 180 with Roush Springs.
Old 03-01-2008, 01:19 PM
Sleeper_08
4th Gear Member

2006gtmike

Your set up isclose to what I'm planning.

How are you finding the handling and ride since the changes?
Old 03-01-2008, 10:26 PM
2006gtmike
2nd Gear Member

I have my KONI's turned all the way to the firmest position and haven't tried anything else yet. It turns much more precisely and rides awesome on smooth pavement but with the many bumps in the road I bounce around a lot in my seat (bouncy bouncy, haha). I'll have to try softer settings, but I love how responsive the car is. I am already used to the lower ride. I'm glad I didn't go any lower than the Vogtland .8/1.2 drop. I can still go over speed bumps up to around 20 MPH. I also love how the car stance is balanced.
Old 03-02-2008, 06:45 AM
Sleeper_08
4th Gear Member

Thanks for the response on the ride and handling. Glad to hear about the speed bumps as they have some really nasty ones in my parking lot at work.
Old 03-06-2008, 09:09 AM
SlideWRX
2nd Gear Member

hehe, it's been winter here, so I have mine set at the softest setting. Another couple inches of snow tomorrow. [:@] I'm ready for spring!

Tom
Old 03-06-2008, 05:03 PM
Sleeper_08
4th Gear Member

SlideWRX

Aren't we all ready for spring!

I was wondering what tires you were running in the winter as mine will also be a DD in winter.
Old 03-06-2008, 09:43 PM
houstonnw
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 2006gtmike

I JUST got my Koni's, Vogtland 'Leveling' Springs, Steeda Upper Strut Mounts, Pan Hard Bar & Brace and Lower Control Arm Relocation Brackets installed on Friday and would like to know what setting people out there have the shocks and struts adjusted to? How many turns, etc. etc. Thanks!
I'm planning to do almost exactly what you've done, just haven't decided on the springs yet.

Even though I've done more than 10 track days in the first year that I owned my '07, I still like driving with the stereo on and the a/c cranking in Houston summers. The stock GT Mustang has a pretty amazing ride/handling compromise IMO.

How's the ride with the Vogtland Leveling Springs? Did you get them from Sam Strano? I understand you can adjust the Koni's from smooth to firm. Have you tried adjusting them yet?

My biggest question is - can you really adjust the ride with the Koni's, in other words can you make it smooth for daily driving and then firm it up when you want to?

-Wayne
Old 03-07-2008, 08:28 AM
SlideWRX
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Sleeper_08

SlideWRX

Aren't we all ready for spring!
I was wondering what tires you were running in the winter as mine will also be a DD in winter.
I'm running Bridgestone Blizzack WS-50's. Winter tires For-The-Win! We just got 6 inches of snow the other day, and I broke fresh ground at the fast food drive-through with no problems. I got them partially because they were on closeout cheap ($100/piece), and because they are great winter tires. The WS-50's are being replaced by the WS-60's, which should be a better tire.

I think pretty much any snow/winter tire would work well. The narrower the better, although the load rating of the tire may be an issue if you go too narrow. I'm running 225's on the stock 8 inch rim, and run them at 35-37ish psi because of the slightly lower than stock load rating.

Tom

Old 03-07-2008, 04:06 PM
Sleeper_08
4th Gear Member

SlideWRX

What you have done is consistent with my plans for next winter except that I was going to get a second set of 18 x 9.5 rims as the stock rims won't clear the planned GT500 brake kit.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Gt Coupes w/KONI Yellows