Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

Help me build my suspension!!!

Old 03-04-2008, 02:33 PM
MUSTANGLOVER73
3rd Gear Member

Default Help me build my suspension!!!

Ok guys, ive never done any suspension work on anything so youre advice is needed. What mods should i do to my carssuspension? I already have steeda ultralite springs and i went in the group buy and bought the adj. tokico d-specs w/remote. Car will see 95% street 5% track.
Old 03-04-2008, 04:04 PM
Sleeper_08
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Help me build my suspension!!!

First off which kind of track - the type with curves or the one that only goes in a straight line?

Beyond that what are your expectations and how hard do you intend to drive it and how big is your budget?
Old 03-04-2008, 04:18 PM
MUSTANGLOVER73
3rd Gear Member

The only track i have around here is dragstrip (quarter mile) .I would however like to be able to take some curves on the backroads a little spirited.The best of both worlds would be nice but it will be a predominent straight line car. I would like to keep the parts to a budget but wouldnt want to skimp on quality for price.
Old 03-04-2008, 04:27 PM
Argonaut
4th Gear Member

So do you have the Springs and the D-Specs installed right now?

If yes - then ignore the rest of what I say:

If no - Install the springs and D-Specs and then drive it for several months before deciding your next steps. Try different settings on the D-Specs and drive it hard. I've had just Eibach-Pro and D-specs for months now and IMO the upgrade over stock handling is so improved that you may not need or want anything additional. Might save you some bucks - but you look to be a mod junkie :-) so that might not matter. I'm also a bit of a junkie so I will be installing Spohn LCAs, PHB and UCA. I'll see what that does to it.
Old 03-04-2008, 06:22 PM
MUSTANGLOVER73
3rd Gear Member

You are correct Argonaut, self admitted mod junkie. I couldnt even fithalf ofmy mods in my sig.lol.I havent got the springs and shocks on yet (d-specs delivered tomorrow from group buy on here). You might be right but i know i will be changing alot of other things. I know uca and lca's minimum. Just wondering what all i should get adjustible and what not to. Probablyy a pan hard bar as well. With the mild drop that i am lowering (approx 1 inchfront and 1.25 inch rear) i dont know what should be adjustible.
Old 03-04-2008, 09:08 PM
Argonaut
4th Gear Member

I got them all adjustable: LCAs, UCA and PHB. I went with Spohn stuff because they have the all chrom-moly option, unlike most of the others. The UCA is a rod end, they don't make a poly bushing. The others are rod/poly combos. I didn't get a PHB brace yet. I got the BMR UCA mount because Spohn doesn't make one yet. All of the pieces (Spohn and BMR) are execellent quality and very heavy duty. Totally overkill but so be it.
Old 03-05-2008, 09:00 AM
MUSTANGLOVER73
3rd Gear Member

Argonaut, how much NVH do you have with that setup. I know its overkill but what fun is it if you cant change it? lol
Old 03-05-2008, 12:18 PM
Argonaut
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MUSTANGLOVER73
Argonaut, how much NVH do you have with that setup. I know its overkill but what fun is it if you cant change it? lol
I don't have the parts installed yet. They are sitting in the basement waiting for better weather. Based on reasearch I did, the poly/rod combo is the best compromise between a race suspension and a DD. It probably will be a bit more NVH than Poly/poly but I really wanted max performance.
Old 03-05-2008, 06:25 PM
shooter23
3rd Gear Member

Hey guys,

I just finished installing LCA, UCA, PHB, Relo Brackets, Tokico and Eibach Pro-Kit.

All parts were adjustable. If your getting an adj. UCA, than the LCA can be non-adj if you want...I went adj all around, even the PHB. The car looks and feels great being lowered. I just finished the install yesterday, so I cant really comment on the NVH, I know it will be louder, but I dont know how much.

I would recommend all the above if the car is going to see some track, mainly to rid the car of wheel hop.

The PHB will help to re-centre the car after you lower it.

THe LCA and UCA will help with traction.

I also went with the relocation brackets, I had a hell of a time installing them, but I've got it now, only because the Steeda (I got all parts from them) instructions were not very helpful. So I sent some PM and got all the info i needed.

Oh, and I also went with a set of Upper Strut Mounts from Steeda, mainly becuase the factory ones arent THAT good...and i didnt want to deal with them popping and making noise if re-used...Steeda make a great pair (bit expensive)...or you can get a set of GT500 mounts for replacing.

I havent had a chance to drive it hard, or even much, just cause its been snowing like crazy around here (Toronto) lately and i'm just waiting til it clears up and the roads are better.
Old 03-05-2008, 06:50 PM
MUSTANGLOVER73
3rd Gear Member

I was just wondering because the steedaultralites drop isnt as much as the drop with the eibachs.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Help me build my suspension!!!