Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

rear swarr bars??

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2008, 03:07 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Default rear swarr bars??

http://www.americanmuscle.com/swarr-...rear-2005.html

Keep your Mustangs horsepower and torque planted to the ground with a Swarr Bar from AmericanMuscle. The Swarr Bar is designed as a rear support for the 2005-2008 Mustangs running the 8.8" straight axle. This is an absolute must for any high performance street/strip Mustangs. Easy bolt in design, constructed of mild tubular steel that has been TIG welded for strength and durability, and powder-coated black to last. The Swarr Bar keeps your rear end from flexing under load from the torque produced by high performance mustangs eliminating rear wheel hop getting the power to the ground were it's needed.

NOTE: 1986-2004 Swarr Bar shown above for illustration purposes only.

Features: [ul][*]Constructed of mild tubular steel[*]TIG welded for strength[*]Fits 2005-2008 straight axles mustangs only[*]Does not fit IRS rear ends [/ul]

-

should these and some LCAs help with getting all the power to the ground,
say if I was gonna go ahead and get 3:90s(or maybe even 4:10s ) & a 3500 stall TC?

Would I also benefit from full length sub-frame connectors?

http://www.americanmuscle.com/upr-20...onnectors.html

Old 04-27-2008, 03:23 PM
mustard05
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: rear swarr bars??

well unless your seriously pushing some hp, like 7.8 or 900 hp i wouldnt say spend your money on sub frames, now if you auto crossing and taking corners and road racing then they would be a plus as they are designed to help prevent flex.

as for the swarr bar, thats a interesting peice, i will have to do some homework on it but of the bat, depending on your mods i woudnt say its a waste, but it would depend on what you realy want from the car

i
Old 04-27-2008, 03:26 PM
mustard05
2nd Gear Member

i wouls assume that these prob would only truly work if you had lca and a upc, when it comes to peices like this, they dont tell you that you need other core components upgrded to get the full benefit out of this peice. im not saying this peice is like that, but it usualy isbetter when your dealing with suspension
Old 04-27-2008, 03:46 PM
exx1976
5th Gear Member

WTF is a "swarr bar"??
Old 04-27-2008, 09:05 PM
ebr
3rd Gear Member

If you want to add to the frame stabilaty then ck out BMR subframe connectors. And that swarr bar IDK never heard of that!

[IMG]local://upfiles/55588/2C0BAD2DB2C14DDBB4F8C9A07A01DDF7.jpg[/IMG]
Old 04-27-2008, 09:47 PM
kastigar
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: exx1976

WTF is a "swarr bar"??
http://www.swarrauto.com/custom_parts.html

guy local to philly. i've heard nothing but good stuff about his work.
Old 04-28-2008, 09:03 AM
PLstang
5th Gear Member

It's made to strengthen the rear end and tubes (helps with flex during launch). I was looking into ordering this. However, in most cases (unless your pushing big power) just welding the tubes is sufficient. They are press fit from the factory.

I currently have mine welded and just ordered the BMR extreme roll control. I was looking for the Swarrbar after seeing it on one of the Cobra's at the shop (9 second car).

Thanks for locating it for me OP!
Old 04-28-2008, 09:05 AM
PLstang
5th Gear Member

It doesn't say it but it does reguire you to drill two holes in the rear end housing.

Just thought I'd mention that!
Old 04-28-2008, 12:41 PM
tached_out
1st Gear Member

R Extreme Anti Roll Bar is AWESOME it really keeps your car stable and I personally love my sub frame connectors but I have heard from many people that these cars are built better then the S95's and do not require them as much. I have the BMR Subframe connectors just like EBR. Here is a pic of my rear suspension set up. Its working pretty good but still not track time with it yet.

Old 04-30-2008, 01:54 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: tached_out

R Extreme Anti Roll Bar is AWESOME it really keeps your car stable and I personally love my sub frame connectors but I have heard from many people that these cars are built better then the S95's and do not require them as much. I have the BMR Subframe connectors just like EBR. Here is a pic of my rear suspension set up. Its working pretty good but still not track time with it yet.

that looks like an awesome set up,.

on topic,does anyone know if they make traction bars for our cars or is the above set up
more then addequete?

Quick Reply: rear swarr bars??