MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   S197 Handling Section (https://mustangforums.com/forum/s197-handling-section-121/)
-   -   shocks and struts?! (https://mustangforums.com/forum/s197-handling-section/447533-shocks-and-struts.html)

samv1368 05-20-2008 09:52 PM

shocks and struts?!

Hey i need to get new ones to go with my lower stang, what a good setup to go with, i havent researched at all just wanted to get some opion? thanks

danbevsv6rumbler 05-21-2008 09:47 AM

RE: shocks and struts?!

my research has warranted tokicos with eibach springs as a satisfactory and popular setup, although many would recommend the FRPP kit (which is practically the same as the eibach pro-kit). different people will recommend different setups for different action! what are your plans? is it a daily driver?

samv1368 05-22-2008 09:36 PM

Ya shes my daily driver, i want to take her to the track now then but dont want like a full race setup, just something that will fit the spring better.

zimba 05-23-2008 08:56 PM

ORIGINAL: danbevsv6rumbler

my research has warranted tokicos with eibach springs as a satisfactory and popular setup, although many would recommend the FRPP kit (which is practically the same as the eibach pro-kit). different people will recommend different setups for different action! what are your plans? is it a daily driver?
I agree with him. Thats a well priced and good quality setup, and I like the way it lowers your car. I plan on buying soon.

Praline 06-28-2008 08:40 AM

I'm in the same boat, I just picked up a set of Tokico D-Spec for $503 from hotpart.com -I hope they even my ride out a little.. I put on a pro-kit and the ride is almost unbearable on rough roads, but the car looks so good.

mustangfan410 06-28-2008 08:54 PM

i always hear that eibach springs were good, but i dont know for sure.

danbevsv6rumbler 06-28-2008 10:11 PM

My car is a daily driver.

I currently drive with the front struts set at 4 turns out, the rears at 5 or 6 turns out.

Couldn't be ANY happier!

Well, a supercharger would actually be nice... but until then i'm pretty satisfied :D

Praline 07-10-2008 07:39 PM

I have the Pro-Kit installed, and just got the Tokico D-Specs put on today. I have them at 5 turns from full hard on front and back and the ride ismuch better than onstock shocks and struts. I'm going to fool with the settings in the coming days, I'll keep you posted on how they break in for me. I have a feeling I'll be happy with them, though. Next up is a supercharger, I don't give a crap how much debt I'll be in.

Praline 07-14-2008 11:52 AM

OK, I have them dialed 4 turns from hard in the front and 5 in the back with adecent (-much- better that stock) ride, really good street handling. I REALLY like this set-up!