Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

Quantum Brak Ducts Installed

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2008, 04:46 PM
Sleeper_08
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Quantum Brak Ducts Installed

ORIGINAL: Argonaut

ORIGINAL: Sleeper_08
Argonaut

I was wondering what you had your D specs and tire pressures set to on the track. I'm running 2 front and 2.5 rear and 40 psi hot all round.
I run the D-Specs 2 Front, 4 Rear. Falken RT-615s:40 front,38 rear Hot. I also have -2 degree camber in the front which really makes it stick. I developed this setup on AX courses but it seems to work really well on the track also. Of course I have a lot less power than you but my rear is really plantedand Ill only push the font end if I make some bonehead move.

My next set of tires will be Nitto NT-01s. From what I hear they like lower pressures, probably have to experiment a little with them.
So far I'm only running -3/4 degree on the front as it is a DD. Thinking of going to -1.5 as the frontsare wearing somewhat more on the outside on the track. On my Aug 4 track day I hope to have a tire pyrometer available to help figure out what is going on. May also try moving the upper strut mounts to dial in more negative camber.
Old 07-18-2008, 05:50 PM
Import_Slaya
2nd Gear Member

Rotors from newtakeoff.com are a steal. $40 for a pair of fronts or rears (have to email or call for the rears, since they aren't on the website). So far, my fronts last about a season and a half and the rears last twice as long. THIS is why I have no desire to go to a big brake kit. $40 for a pair of rotors!!

Old 07-18-2008, 08:25 PM
Argonaut
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Import_Slaya
Rotors from newtakeoff.com are a steal. $40 for a pair of fronts or rears (have to email or call for the rears, since they aren't on the website). So far, my fronts last about a season and a half and the rears last twice as long. THIS is why I have no desire to go to a big brake kit. $40 for a pair of rotors!!
Thanks - that is a steal. Are they slightly used - what does it mean'new takeoff'. I know where Ill be ordering from next. How does the stealershipsleep at night charging 70/rotor - they are crooks!
Old 07-20-2008, 09:01 AM
Jazzer The Cat
Retired Moderator

^ new take-off would refer to rotors removed to upgrade/replace them. They would probably be very low 'dealership' mileage and maybe not used at all.

I would not hesitate to purchase them under those conditions.

Jazzer
Old 07-20-2008, 07:35 PM
Import_Slaya
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Argonaut
Thanks - that is a steal. Are they slightly used - what does it mean'new takeoff'. I know where Ill be ordering from next. How does the stealershipsleep at night charging 70/rotor - they are crooks!
They are the "take-offs" from the Saleens, Roushes, Steedas, etc... When these companies buy the GT's, newtakeoff.com gets the brakes, body parts, exhaust, wheels, and anything else that comes off. It's a great idea and I hope their business model works for them.

I just put another set of fronts on this weekendabsolutely no wear on them at all.