Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

brake upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2008, 05:03 PM
blksunshine

Default RE: brake upgrade

Ok, I'll take the advice. I'll keep my stock rotors and upgrade to braided lines, fluid, pads, and ducts. that'll save me $650 off my budget. Can't wait to get em in and get back on the track.
Old 07-15-2008, 09:53 PM
houstonnw
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: blksunshine

Ok, I'll take the advice. I'll keep my stock rotors and upgrade to braided lines, fluid, pads, and ducts. that'll save me $650 off my budget. Can't wait to get em in and get back on the track.
Will you be there on the 26th? I'll be in the White '07. They gave me number 151 I think.
Old 07-15-2008, 10:30 PM
Argonaut
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: blksunshine

Good choice. I took Rodeo's advice a while back and have been very happy with the brake performance - strong braking, fade free. Im using HP-10s on the front and HP+ on the rear and Im not burning up the pads, they are lasting really well. Like others have said, if you do this alot youll go thru the HPS really fast and even the HP+ on the front. Full track pads may cost more but damn do they work well.
Old 07-16-2008, 10:54 PM
bscottmsforums

ORIGINAL: RodeoFlyer

It's been said over and over again - ducts, good fluid, braided lines, and good pads will do the job just fine. BBK's might give you longer pad life but more tire budget, so you still lose in the end. Slotted rotors are a waste. They don't help much at all. You might get a little less pad transfer and in the rain some water dispersion, but at $200+ a set when stock takeoffs are $39 it's a waste.
+1

I took Rodeo's advice as well a few years ago as I started down the tracking road, and have heard it echoed again and again by the old salts at the track. Unless you have money to burn (and many at track events do), the above brake mods are all you need. Then put your money into track time. That is going to save seconds per lap. Many of the other mods just save tenths after your driver mod is ironed out.
Old 07-17-2008, 05:22 PM
blksunshine

Very cool, thanks again guys. I'll be at TWS on the 26th, I'm # 23.