Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

Brake noise while braking from high speeds

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2008, 04:49 PM
volcomchester18
3rd Gear Member

Default Brake noise while braking from high speeds

Has anybody noticed a weird grinding type of noise, and weird brake feel to the car while braking from like 100, or more??? I am taking it in for to Ford, but i was wondering anybody have this symptoms?? Is there like TSB for it?? Almost feels like a caliper problem, but the braking is good and no weird noises. Only happens when braking from high speeds.
Old 10-09-2008, 04:55 PM
shoeys08dkcandygt
4th Gear Member

yes i had the same noise on the 07 gt i had. started at like 8k miles and was still there when i traded it in last week with 30k on it. finally someone else who feels the same thing. feels like pads not making full contact with rotor under high speed braking. try getting on the brakes softly at about <40mph and see if you get a grinding sound then. i think it is a bad r/r shock/strut. ford might tell you its the brakes but press them and make them check the shocks. there has been a lot of complaints about squeeking rear ends under light braking. even the motor trend test shelby had to have these replaced after 2 diff dealers looked at the problem and said the infamous "no problem found". (check the newest motor trend out article inside close to back.) i hope the dealer gets everything fixed. let me know what they find. i am curious to know what that squeeking noise is before my new 08 gt starts doing it.
Old 10-09-2008, 05:08 PM
volcomchester18
3rd Gear Member

^^^ I see, well its not a squeaking noise. And its defenately coming from the front brakes, I can feel it, unless I am miss interpreting. Its more of a feel of grinding on the brake pedal and the whole car, almost a little like the sound of noisy tires. I dont know its hard to explain, but defenately doensnt feel normal.
Old 10-09-2008, 05:21 PM
shoeys08dkcandygt
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by volcomchester18
^^^ I see, well its not a squeaking noise. And its defenately coming from the front brakes, I can feel it, unless I am miss interpreting. Its more of a feel of grinding on the brake pedal and the whole car, almost a little like the sound of noisy tires. I dont know its hard to explain, but defenately doensnt feel normal.
yeah mine was coming from the rear. so if you got a problem in the front than probably a diff issue all together. good luck with the dealership. keep us posted on what they say.
Old 10-09-2008, 05:31 PM
volcomchester18
3rd Gear Member

thanx, I sure will.
Old 10-10-2008, 04:08 AM
jaguarking11
2nd Gear Member

if the noise is more of the entire car feels like its thumping. Well im afraid to say I have the same symptoms. The best I can think of is the ABS system trying to keep you from ending up in a ditch, I heard that noise while driving on concrete (airport style runway and legal).

I have an 07 as well.

I experienced this the first time I buried the needle, my dashhawk was reading around 151mph then I applied brakes the car slowed down quick though.

Funny enough I have your cars twin brother. Triple black with bullit wheels.
Old 10-10-2008, 10:27 AM
alloutt
4th Gear Member

i had the rear brake squeak they upgraded the rear rotors for me
Old 10-10-2008, 01:15 PM
volcomchester18
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by jaguarking11
if the noise is more of the entire car feels like its thumping. Well im afraid to say I have the same symptoms. The best I can think of is the ABS system trying to keep you from ending up in a ditch, I heard that noise while driving on concrete (airport style runway and legal).

I have an 07 as well.

I experienced this the first time I buried the needle, my dashhawk was reading around 151mph then I applied brakes the car slowed down quick though.

Funny enough I have your cars twin brother. Triple black with bullit wheels.
LOL nice. Your missing CAI and tune, that will put a smile in your face. As far as the braking, well doesnt really feel like abs, its weird. Almost like the pads dont make right contact at high speeds, but it brakes awesome. oh well I wonder wat the dealer will say.
Old 10-13-2008, 04:09 AM
jaguarking11
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by volcomchester18
LOL nice. Your missing CAI and tune, that will put a smile in your face. As far as the braking, well doesnt really feel like abs, its weird. Almost like the pads dont make right contact at high speeds, but it brakes awesome. oh well I wonder wat the dealer will say.
I have the C&L racer with bama tune and a diablo tuner. Havent updated my signature in 6months. I do love the tune though. Really woke up the engine, my mileage went up and the exhaust sounds meaner.
Old 10-13-2008, 03:32 PM
sailing220
4th Gear Member

Maybe because you're putting so much stress on them from the amount of heat the brakes generate when braking from those speeds...

Quick Reply: Brake noise while braking from high speeds