Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

stangsuspension LCAs?

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2008, 10:22 AM
cougarfan088
2nd Gear Member

Default stangsuspension LCAs?

I was wondering if anyone has these or heard anything about them?....I have good experience with stangsuspension and their customer service has been excellent. I have just never used a product of theirs..

http://www.stangsuspension.com/store...?idproduct=644
Old 12-27-2008, 10:39 AM
jahudso2
4th Gear Member

I haven't tried any of their parts. Just incase you didn't know, the LCA's with rod ends supposedly transmit a lot of noise into the cabin and most people with DD mustangs don't use them. I almost bought a set before I found that out.
Old 12-27-2008, 10:59 AM
cougarfan088
2nd Gear Member

haha...Its a mustang, the last thing im concerned about is cabin noise
Old 12-27-2008, 02:01 PM
DarkFireGT
4th Gear Member

I've never purchased any of their own parts, but I have purchased from them and they have fantastic service. They even called a week after the parts were received to find out how the install went and if I had any questions.
Old 12-27-2008, 04:27 PM
cougarfan088
2nd Gear Member

they also did that for me. what impressed me the most was that they found another company that had the type of part that I was looking for which was something they didnt sell.
Old 12-27-2008, 07:20 PM
Rubrignitz
5th Gear Member

The thing about rod-end components is that you will be replacing the rod-ends regularly.. they wear quickly.. and transmit more noise vibration as was stated.n However they perform the best.

I plan to purchase all of my new suspension components from stangsuspension. great prices and great service.

Last edited by Rubrignitz; 12-27-2008 at 07:22 PM.
Old 12-27-2008, 09:56 PM
cougarfan088
2nd Gear Member

hmm...I have never heard of rod ends wearing quicker then normal bushings...how often would you say they need to be replaced
Old 12-28-2008, 08:37 AM
Jazzer The Cat
Retired Moderator

I have been running rod ends on nearly 100% of my suspension for about 20K miles, I have not found any that are sloppy or loose. This of course, remains to be seen in the future

As mentioned above they WILL introduce NVH into your ride. You may not like it, so I recommend you be willing to accept the "feel" of rod-ends or Heim joints as a sacrafice to a superior design for an LCA. I am not saying the Stangsuspension LCA is the best out there, but I like the design. They would probably be fine, but have never seen/heard of them untill just a minute ago.

I think the UPR ones are stronger and would recommend these over SS ones:

I just happen to think the steel is a better way to go. Some will disagree, but not soo fond of alum. in this location.

HTH

Jazzer
Old 12-28-2008, 09:04 AM
zporta
5th Gear Member

i wish i could sit in a car w/ rod ends and listen 2 them...
Old 12-28-2008, 10:23 AM
Jazzer The Cat
Retired Moderator

I don't as much "hear" them, as "feel" them.

You will hear sound, but you will really notice the condition of the road much better. Next time you take a drive, pay attention to the surface conditions and how they differ. Take one of the roads that has deep grooves with about 3"~4" "islands" of asphalt (pretty old roads). You notice it gets noisy and has additional vibrations? You will get an eggagerated feel of this condition.

Depending on your tires and thier pressure, aftermarket springs, shocks/struts and such, you will get MAJOR variation.

HTH

Jazzer

Quick Reply: stangsuspension LCAs?