Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

Help... $$ burning a hole in my pocket!

Old 02-16-2009, 01:51 PM
mpnelson81

Default Help... $$ burning a hole in my pocket!

I have $2000 to spend on my bone stock 08 GT/CS and I am looking for advice on what to go with.....

I am open to all opinions and options... The car is a daily driver and will see little track time however I do want it set up for corners and not straight line stuff.

I am thinking about intake and tuner combo, springs, shocks/struts, and ???.

Please don't turn this into a Koni vs. D-Spec rant, but your opinions are appreciated. I am strongly leaning toward the Konis but the price tag scares me and with D-Spec I will have more $$ for other mods. Reliability is a VERY big deal. I spoke to Sam Strano and he was big help but I just haven't convinced myself to pull the trigger.

Last thing, I live in Germany so shipping will take a bite out of the budget. With all of that, what would you do!?

Thanks..
Old 02-16-2009, 03:38 PM
07musclemustang
4th Gear Member

intake/ tuner
konis
short shifter
LCA
CMDP
UDP
This list in order untill you run out of cash...
JMO and there will be many others
Old 02-16-2009, 04:01 PM
BMRFabricationSales
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by mpnelson81
I have $2000 to spend on my bone stock 08 GT/CS and I am looking for advice on what to go with.....

I am open to all opinions and options... The car is a daily driver and will see little track time however I do want it set up for corners and not straight line stuff.

I am thinking about intake and tuner combo, springs, shocks/struts, and ???.

Please don't turn this into a Koni vs. D-Spec rant, but your opinions are appreciated. I am strongly leaning toward the Konis but the price tag scares me and with D-Spec I will have more $$ for other mods. Reliability is a VERY big deal. I spoke to Sam Strano and he was big help but I just haven't convinced myself to pull the trigger.

Last thing, I live in Germany so shipping will take a bite out of the budget. With all of that, what would you do!?

Thanks..

Hello, upgrading your lower control arms, upper control arm, sway bars and shocks, and springs are a good starting point. The tokico d specs are adjustable and are a good shock for the money. We offer a complete line of suspension parts for the S-197. There are alot of different areas that you can do upgrades possibly a little suspension and a little motor. We ship to germany quite frequently via ups. If you have any questions about any of our parts please contact me. Doing some suspension upgrades will improve your cars handling and performance and you will not have to break the bank to get the job done.
Old 02-16-2009, 04:11 PM
07musclemustang
4th Gear Member

as far as suspension goes dont go for it all first. ask what you need for what it is you want to accomplish suspension wise...
I wont drop my stang and well wouldnt reccomed it to aothers either.. ESPECIALLY if its your daily driver. UCA can cause alot of NVH from the road. Upgradidg sway bars arent needed at all if you dont carve corners like a F1 driver.. you need to ask what do i want to acomplish.
let us know whta you wanna improve and we can help better then just a very vauge question