Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

Help with My Convertible Suspension I'm Clueless

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2009, 08:19 AM
Analyzer52
2nd Gear Member

Default Help with My Convertible Suspension I'm Clueless

I have an 05 Convertible that's in the body shop right now going through a makeover. Once I get it back the suspension will need to be done however I don't know where to start.

I'm looking to get rid of the 4x4 look however I don't want the car slammed on the ground because I go through the city quite often and that's just not a good idea around here. I would like to maintain the stock rake if possible. I want to be able to feel the road but don't want the car riding so hard it's uncomfortable for long trips.

Car will not see much if any track time but it will be getting a twin screw or edelbrock supercharger down the road if that makes a difference. I tend to have a heavy foot on a daily basis.

What choices should I be looking at, there are so many options it's overwhelming.

Budget is about $1,000 but I don't want to waste money on stuff I many not need.

If more information is needed just let me know.

Here are some picture with the 18's on not the best cause the car is on a hill but you get the idea:

Old 03-02-2009, 02:09 PM
RodeoFlyer
4th Gear Member

H&R Sport Springs
Koni (adjustable) or Bilstein (not) dampers.

That's your grand right there.

Enjoy.
Old 03-02-2009, 08:42 PM
Doogie65
4th Gear Member

You can't go wrong with the Koni shocks, but they will eat up most of your budget.

I am running Roush rears and stock front springs... and decided with a Supercharger going in, the front should drop just enough to give it a nice final rake. Once you drop the rear, you will more than likely need an adj. panhard bar and you can't go wrong with Steeda, CHE, BMR, etc.

For comparison, here's mine with just the Roush rears.

Old 03-02-2009, 09:07 PM
Analyzer52
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Doogie65
You can't go wrong with the Koni shocks, but they will eat up most of your budget.

I am running Roush rears and stock front springs... and decided with a Supercharger going in, the front should drop just enough to give it a nice final rake. Once you drop the rear, you will more than likely need an adj. panhard bar and you can't go wrong with Steeda, CHE, BMR, etc.

For comparison, here's mine with just the Roush rears.
I plan to be the panhard bar I was told to get it now just with the 295 tires but I haven't yet.

Your car looks almost level to me I'm worried is it really going to drop that much once the sport charger is in. Will it really create that much rake?
Old 03-02-2009, 09:38 PM
Doogie65
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Analyzer52
I plan to be the panhard bar I was told to get it now just with the 295 tires but I haven't yet.

Your car looks almost level to me I'm worried is it really going to drop that much once the sport charger is in. Will it really create that much rake?

I will hopefully have the SC installed within the next 2 weeks, but with 175lbs of additional weight, it is bound to drop some.
Old 03-06-2009, 05:20 PM
Analyzer52
2nd Gear Member

No other input.
Old 03-06-2009, 07:14 PM
Sleeper_08
4th Gear Member

Note that the vert is different so you should make sure the the springs you buy have a drop you want when installed in a vert.
Old 03-06-2009, 07:34 PM
Analyzer52
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Sleeper_08
Note that the vert is different so you should make sure the the springs you buy have a drop you want when installed in a vert.

Yeah most of the sites list the drop for the coupe and convertible.
Old 04-10-2010, 01:26 PM
Analyzer52
2nd Gear Member

Any updated advise on this, supercharger will be here wednesday and the suspension needs to follow shortly there after? Willing to increase the budget because I'm finding it's too low so please let me know what direction to go in.
Old 04-10-2010, 06:51 PM
Sleeper_08
4th Gear Member

Koni's are on sale right now.

Check with Sam Strano.

Quick Reply: Help with My Convertible Suspension I'm Clueless