Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

installed/impressions BMR tubular lower control arms

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2009, 09:47 AM
russje
2nd Gear Member

Default installed/impressions BMR tubular lower control arms

So I just installed the BMR Tubular Lower Control arms with Poly bushing on both ends. All I can say is that my first impression is they feel great. I live in Florida so we've got pretty smooth roads, but I hardly noticed any increase in harshness at all, I did hit some bumps. I didn't have a chance to launch real hard with them yet, thunder storms this morning, but I'm excited to.

Install was a snap, I did it on jack stands in the driveway. The only portion I needed a 2nd set of hands for was pushing the axle back foward to get the bolt threw the bushings. At my next oil change when I grease them, I'll also be rechecking the bolts to make sure nothing came loose. I'm paranoid, I'm sure it's not necessary.

Anyway, long story short, they are great! Can wait to get the Upper control arm, bracket and poly diff bushing.
Old 04-09-2009, 11:35 AM
BMRFabricationSales
Former Sponsor

Glad your happy with our parts.
Old 04-09-2009, 12:34 PM
rdsx18
4th Gear Member

Good choice, I have the same ones and love them.
Old 04-09-2009, 01:17 PM
RetroGT2006
2nd Gear Member

This is a mod i want to do sometime soon. Do they help much on a 06 GT that is Automatic?
Old 04-09-2009, 01:27 PM
rdsx18
4th Gear Member

I have a manual and it helped wheel hop a lot for me, now I have none.
Old 04-09-2009, 01:47 PM
BMRFabricationSales
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by RetroGT2006
This is a mod i want to do sometime soon. Do they help much on a 06 GT that is Automatic?
Hello, they work just as good for the automatic cars as they do for the manuals. The will not only help control wheel hop but they firm your suspension up by replacing the soft factory rubber bushing with a high durometer urethane bushing which cuts down on deflection. The factory arms are also a weak link and by replacing them with a tubular or billet arm this eliminates any flexing that might occur. I would also suggest a set of control arm relocation brackets. If you have lowered your car or the wheel hop is really bad these brackets will stop it. If you have any questions about any of our products please give me a call.

Last edited by BMRFabricationSales; 04-14-2009 at 04:16 PM.
Old 04-09-2009, 04:50 PM
RetroGT2006
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by BMRFabricationSales
Hello, they work just as good for the automatic cars as they do for the manuals. The will not only help control wheel hop but they firm your suspension up by replacing the soft factory rubber bushing with a high durometer urethane bushing which cuts down on deflection. The factory arms are also a weak link and by replacing them with a tubular or billet arm this eliminates any flexing that might occur. I would also suggest a set of control arm relocation brackets. If you have lowered your car or the wheel hop is really bad these brackets will stop it. If you have any questions about any of our products please give me a call.
Yes i have lowered my 06 GT on Ford Racing Springs, i may look into these soon. Is it worth it if i rarely race? I don't really ever get wheel hop- unless it spins up to 5k from a dig.. Let me know, i will potentially look into this combo.
Old 04-10-2009, 09:53 AM
BMRFabricationSales
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by RetroGT2006
Yes i have lowered my 06 GT on Ford Racing Springs, i may look into these soon. Is it worth it if i rarely race? I don't really ever get wheel hop- unless it spins up to 5k from a dig.. Let me know, i will potentially look into this combo.

Hello, the brackets aren't manditory but it all depends on what type of driving you do and what kind of angle your control arms have on them now. If they have a slight upward angle from the rear to the body then your fine. Make sure you check this with the suspension loaded and at ride height. If you just street drive or do some corner carving you can still benefit from these brackets by using the middle hole instead of the bottom.
Old 04-10-2009, 10:19 AM
Smooth_J
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by BMRFabricationSales
Hello, the brackets aren't manditory but it all depends on what type of driving you do and what kind of angle your control arms have on them now. If they have a slight upward angle from the rear to the body then your fine. Make sure you check this with the suspension loaded and at ride height. If you just street drive or do some corner carving you can still benefit from these brackets by using the middle hole instead of the bottom.
BMR,

I ordered a few parts from another vender, but its dropped shipped. Anyway, they said there was a 3 week wait time on the parts - are your parts in that much of a demand?
Old 04-10-2009, 10:59 AM
MTAS
2nd Gear Member

The relo brackets (welded in) and BMR rear sway bar w/billet end links made a huge improvement in the way my car feels. Nice and firm, the rear stays straight in 2nd at WOT now.

Last edited by MTAS; 04-10-2009 at 11:01 AM.

Quick Reply: installed/impressions BMR tubular lower control arms