Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

steeda sway bar on w/endlinks

Old 06-04-2009, 11:55 PM
conekilla

Default steeda sway bar on w/endlinks

I finally got to install the steeda sway bar w/ heavy duty endlinks, I first though it would be too stiff but it seems pritty balanced. The only thing that bothered me was when i made a quick u-turn, as i was exiting the turn it seemed like the rear and front were fighting each other for traction...has anyone else noticed this. The rear does come out alot better instead of the nose diving(or nose sliding) through turns, but it still feels like the front is pritty dominate at higher speeds do you guys think the steeda g-trace brace may help with this?
Old 06-05-2009, 04:22 AM
07 GT E UPP
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by conekilla
I finally got to install the steeda sway bar w/ heavy duty endlinks, I first though it would be too stiff but it seems pritty balanced. The only thing that bothered me was when i made a quick u-turn, as i was exiting the turn it seemed like the rear and front were fighting each other for traction...has anyone else noticed this. The rear does come out alot better instead of the nose diving(or nose sliding) through turns, but it still feels like the front is pritty dominate at higher speeds do you guys think the steeda g-trace brace may help with this?
Hi there Conekilla, I have all Steeda Front and Rear Suspension parts on mine (see signature) including their HD Rear Sway Bar with HD Billet Endlinks and don't have this (your) issue. And IMO, I didn't think the G-Trac Brace would improve anything additionally for me...

Last edited by 07 GT E UPP; 06-05-2009 at 04:27 AM.
Old 06-05-2009, 12:06 PM
Texotic
5th Gear Member

I couldn't really tell a noticeable difference with the G-Trac brace. I think the steering may feel a bit more responsive now, but it could also just me thinking that because the brace is installed. Granted, for $50 you may as well give it a try.
Old 06-05-2009, 03:59 PM
jahudso2
4th Gear Member

If the front and rear are fighting eachother for traction, then it is a neutral slide and that is how i would prefer to have a car set up if i wasnt drifting. what are your suspension mods?
Old 06-07-2009, 09:26 PM
conekilla

Default mods

Really suspension wise not much just the steeda sway bar w/endlinks and roush lca, i also have the pypes mid muffler exhaust i know thats not a suspension mod but the whole system weights less then the stock mufflers
Old 06-07-2009, 09:36 PM
sidewinder_83

Default steeda sway/w endlinks

Hey there conekilla (funny name) do alot of solo...any how I have the steeda a-arm brace(g-track) and the only thing that it seems to do is make the front of the vechile more stiff, i noticed it alot when i go over train tracks, didnt seem to do much for handling maybe a little but i dont think its going to make the rear of the car rotate more. bmr recommends these for lowered applications, honestly i think with your current mods a set of rear lowering springs(roush maybe) would be a good investment.

Last edited by sidewinder_83; 06-07-2009 at 09:38 PM. Reason: misprint