Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

FRPP Handling Package (M-2005-FR3)

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2010, 10:33 AM
Sam Strano
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Lax07
I have read through so many suspension threads tonight as I am very interested. This is a car I like to have fun with, looking for a little better handling in turns but this car will not be raced on a road track. This car is my DD.

It seems many people are saying the FRPP kit 1" and 1.5" is a harsher ride.

I have also read the roush kit (1" drop) does very well. Yes I know it is $1500 and I'm sure I will hear about the price, but disregard price and answer me this. Does this kit maintain good ride while increase performance?

sorry for bringing this thread back from the dead... I was meaning to post it in the most recent discussion and obviously screwed up
For under $1380 you can do Koni Sports, some nice springs like Steeda Sports, and a set of my Hollow/Adjustable (both bars are both).....

For under $1030 you could do the same springs/bars but use Koni STR.T's (non adjustable) dampers.

The ride of Steeda Sports is very, very good when teamed with good shocks. Firm, but not harsh. You can go to coil-overs, and the Roush kit (and I can sell Roush parts) isn't ideal. I'd much rather give up the height adjustment for known damping changes and adjustable bars. There is no shortage of pics of cars on Sport springs to take a look at, and there are other spring options as well.

Koni quality and performance is awesome, so is there warranty should you need it (rare, but happens). And it's a lifetime warranty to the original owner of the shocks. The Adjustable bars give you more flexibility in making the car feel and respond the way you want. Team that with the adjustable damping and you can really change how the car acts and reacts.