Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

A few questions before installing these springs

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2009, 12:09 PM
jz
3rd Gear Member

Default A few questions before installing these springs

Hello all, I searched and found some answers but was hoping to get some specific answers to my few questions.

I just got a set of Steeda Sport Springs, before I installed them I wanted to find out what was my best angle. I'm thinking about using the steeda struts/shocks (they are affordable, and figure they'll work well with the springs). What do you guys think? Are these good struts/shocks, or should I look to another brand. I'm not interested in adjustable ones btw.

I'm also wondering about steeda's hd strut plates that allow for camber adjustment. Is this the right way to go? Or would you guys suggest a different camber plate?

Also, as some may have noticed in my sig, I have BMR combo UCA and LCA's. Now that I'm lowering the vehicle, do I need to look into LCA relocation brackets?

Anything else that I may need to buy or know would be appreciated.

thanks

jz
Old 07-22-2009, 04:26 PM
Argonaut
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by jz
I'm also wondering about steeda's hd strut plates that allow for camber adjustment. Is this the right way to go? Or would you guys suggest a different camber plate?
If you can afford it my 2 cents is go with camber plates, not only do they provide easy adjustability but also they are a much stronger mount and not prone to "thunking" like the stock upper strut mounts. The familiar brands are: Max Motorsports, Steeda and J&M. I used the J&M in the past and they worked perfectly. AFAIK the others are high quality also. Lots of folks use just the camber bolts with success so its pretty much up to you and your budget.

Originally Posted by jz
Also, as some may have noticed in my sig, I have BMR combo UCA and LCA's. Now that I'm lowering the vehicle, do I need to look into LCA relocation brackets?
For drag racing - yes get the reloc brackets. Else...probably not needed. I use to AX and Road Track my Stang a lot and I never needed them when lowered. If you don't already have an adjustable PHB, thats something you might want to take a look at depending on the drop those springs give you.