Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

GT500 strut mounts

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2009, 02:19 AM
I8ACHEVY
2nd Gear Member

Default GT500 strut mounts

I am considering the GT500 strut mounts for while I'm replacing my stock dampers. I have heard that the stock mounts are crap and the Steeda ones are over built. The price looks over built too! I remember reading that the GT500 mounts are much better. However, do I remember also reading that this is more of a problem on certain year Mustang? OR are these GT500 mounts a great replacement for ALL S197s? Thanks!
Old 09-16-2009, 10:23 AM
chp2150
1st Gear Member

I just had those installed along with the new Koni STR.T and Hawk HPS pads. For $66 they are hard to beat. All steel construction and stiffer rubber mount for the springs. I also have the FRPP LCA's and they also helped a lot. The LCA's don't squeak, rattle or do any of the other things that I read about on the forums. I bought the Koni's from Sam Strano, good guy with the advice and customer service. The FRPP parts were purchased and installed by my local Ford store, where I purchased my car. They actually let you talk to the tech who's going to do the work. What a concept.
Old 09-17-2009, 12:48 AM
I8ACHEVY
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by chp2150
I just had those installed along with the new Koni STR.T and Hawk HPS pads. For $66 they are hard to beat. All steel construction and stiffer rubber mount for the springs. I also have the FRPP LCA's and they also helped a lot. The LCA's don't squeak, rattle or do any of the other things that I read about on the forums. I bought the Koni's from Sam Strano, good guy with the advice and customer service. The FRPP parts were purchased and installed by my local Ford store, where I purchased my car. They actually let you talk to the tech who's going to do the work. What a concept.
Thanks CHP
Did you get the GT500 strut mounts from the dealer, or online somewhere?
Old 09-17-2009, 09:45 AM
Garyalpusa

The Steedas are expensive, but you will never have to repalce them. They also give you a degree or two of camber adjustment. I have them on my GT for 2 years and about 6 open track events. No problems and I like being able to get a degree of negative camber in about 5 minutes. Jack up the corner, loosen four bolts, push the top of the tire in and tighten the bolts. The toe did not change the first time I did this and measured it. After the event I just reset it full out and drive home. GA
Old 09-17-2009, 11:19 AM
chp2150
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by I8ACHEVY
Thanks CHP
Did you get the GT500 strut mounts from the dealer, or online somewhere?
I ordered them from the dealer. For my application, these are an excellent upgrade. I don't do track events just an occasional run down the drag strip and in Idaho, we have LOTS of mountain roads. If you want to go north from Boise, our primary north-south highway is US-95 and it's mostly 2 lanes. We have no north-south interstate highway.
Old 09-18-2009, 05:59 PM
05 Mustang
6th Gear Member

here you go...see link below

http://www.lightningforceperformance...roducts_id=954
Old 09-19-2009, 04:27 AM
heartinacage
3rd Gear Member

I was just about to ask this question. I didn't do enough research and ended up reusing my stock strut mounts. I'd also like to know what people think of them.
Old 09-19-2009, 06:46 AM
05 Mustang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by heartinacage
I was just about to ask this question. I didn't do enough research and ended up reusing my stock strut mounts. I'd also like to know what people think of them.
I think it's hit and miss. I reused the stock mounts on my 2005 Mustang GT when I lowered it with my Steeda Sport Springs and had no issues with them what so ever, but I know of others that did the same thing and got "clicking" noises??
Old 09-20-2009, 03:09 AM
heartinacage
3rd Gear Member

That's what i'm getting. I'd really like to correct the issue. I really noticed it when I was on rougher roads earlier this week.
Old 09-20-2009, 09:21 AM
05 Mustang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by heartinacage
That's what i'm getting. I'd really like to correct the issue. I really noticed it when I was on rougher roads earlier this week.
I wish I could tell you 110% that changing your strut mounts would fix the problem, but I honestly don't know. I will say that with all the reading I've done on the forums that changing the strut mounts has usually been the first place that people started and in most cases I do believe that it has fixed it.

Good luck.

Quick Reply: GT500 strut mounts