Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

Installed: H&R Super Sports on a 2010 GT - Video

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2009, 12:51 PM
AMNick
Former Sponsor

Default Installed: H&R Super Sports on a 2010 GT - Video

When I was scouting employee cars for a photo shoot I was doing one of our guy's Grabber Blue 2010 GT's uhh...grabbed my attention! The only thing is I am surprised Ford still hasn't fixed the dang 4x4 look they come with from the factory! I can't have it looking like that with hot models standing next to it. LOL

So after giving him a hard time and asking if he intended on doing any off roading in his Mustang he agreed to let us kidnap the car for the day, and run it down to Swarr's to install a brand new pair of H&R Super Sport Springs.

I have to say it came out pretty well, definitely gets rid of the 4x4 look. The H&R's advertised a 1.7" in the front and a 1.9" in the back...our results were pretty much on target. We measured right about a two inch drop in the back and an inch and a half in the front. Not bad, and the car looks sooo much better and the handling with the Super Sports is exponentially better then the mushy stock springs. I don't usually like to beat on other peoples cars but wow, just driving it "spiritedly" around our complex was a blast. Plus he was getting free springs installed out of the deal! I am used to my little Foxbody Mustang and my Truck so being in a vehicle this big that handled that well was a treat!

Our video guy also threw together this cool before/during/and after installation movie if you want to check out the results. I think it came out pretty sweet and made the guy's 20" Bullitts fill out the wheel wells better and look a lot better on the car. Check it out and let me know what you think of the results...I am interested what results anyone else has gotten so far with other springs too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvW9YyiS-Sk

Last edited by AMNick; 10-06-2009 at 12:54 PM.
Old 10-07-2009, 08:06 AM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Well, I can't say anything bad about your 20' bullit cause I have them on my car since 06.
Grabber blue also grabbed my attention and I dropped this car with FRPP a while back.
Rear only at the time but the front is now done as well...

I was disappointed also about the 2010 not being dropped from the factory...
I mean, Ford put the sequentials at the back but retained the 4x4 look, lol.
Which one would be more important/efficient?
https://mustangforums.com/forum/2010...blue-gt-4.html