Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

Want a Strut tower brace, but have Camber Plates????

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2009, 11:26 AM
DanielKSpencer
2nd Gear Member

It is an 06, that's why I'm worried.

And for the people that have to say that all these cars are so solid and don't need them, then why did Ford decide that they needed to improve the design in 07, because the 05-06 was weak. I rest my case.

Last edited by DanielKSpencer; 10-15-2009 at 07:02 PM.
Old 10-10-2009, 11:29 AM
Rubrignitz
5th Gear Member

good point. they did improve the towers and bracing in 07 for the 500's.
Old 10-10-2009, 11:32 AM
DanielKSpencer
2nd Gear Member

[QUOTE=Rubrignitz;6560065]
oh and don't let legion scare you off. not everyone's an F1 intern. use his knowledge, ignore the rest ;-).
QUOTE]

I actually took his advice before. I know he knows what he's talking about. You'd think someone with the beard would be a little more warm and cuddly. lol He just needs to realize that everyone isn't going for a track supercar. Should he flame everyone who puts scoops on their car because of the drag. I bet he uses a laxative before a race to cut down on weight, too. lol

JK Legion, you know your ****, I'll give you that.
Old 10-10-2009, 03:24 PM
RodeoFlyer
4th Gear Member

Everybody is a badass and a know-it-all on the internet. In less than 24hours now i've read that Legion works for an Indycar team and is a F1 intern. I'm calling BS. There are way too many people on here and other boards that profess to know things and be things that are off base and false. Ironically, it's usually these blowhards that end up sending me friend requests after I call them out - you guys know who you are, and there are several of you. People would be better served to read more and type less. Those same people would be better served deciding how NOT to throw money at their cars. Nothing is more gratifying than passing the guy on the track with thousands of dollars of needless crap bolted onto his car.

I have more associations and have been given more free parts than most people on here. I choose not to name drop, because frankly it's tacky. Those same people lurk on these boards and laugh and shake their heads at the amount of BS being passed around. They think most of the people on here are tools.

Look under the hood of any S197 race car and point out the strut tower brace for me. Happy hunting.
Old 10-10-2009, 03:51 PM
Rubrignitz
5th Gear Member

You know what's up rodeo. I've had my ups and downs and have probably been called a few things but I'll admit that and have learned more about the car and myself. If folks had to nothing to learn/gain they wouldn't be wasting time on this forum. Everyone can learn something. I'm sure Legion has as well. There's always another insight or experience you can gain knowledge from.
Old 10-10-2009, 03:58 PM
DanielKSpencer
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by RodeoFlyer

Look under the hood of any S197 race car and point out the strut tower brace for me. Happy hunting.

You probably don't have your spare tire in your race car either, but that don't mean I don't want the extra security in my daily driver.

Yeah, Legion is a little crass, and the both of you agree that the brace is a waste. But as I said before . . .

Ford Motor Company wasn't happy with the quality of the 05-06 towers and they changed them because of that reason, so why shouldn't I brace mine a little just to be on the safe side if I want. I'm not trying to shave weight for the track so what does it hurt? It's my money and it can't possible hurt my ride to do it. What's the big deal?
Old 10-11-2009, 02:01 PM
Hootna
3rd Gear Member

Here you go.. mounts to the shock tower inner brackets not the top it is what I have on my car. I dont know anything I just drive my car and have fun, will leave it to the experts to discuss.

http://www.bbkperformance.com/produc...ar-braces.html
Old 10-11-2009, 02:19 PM
millpond
1st Gear Member

The 2010 Mustang GT track pack deletes the spare tire to save weight, yet adds a strut tower brace. Since Ford seems to be concerned with saving weight on the track pack, I would think the strut tower brace is added to enhance handling.
Old 10-11-2009, 03:43 PM
DanielKSpencer
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by millpond
The 2010 Mustang GT track pack deletes the spare tire to save weight, yet adds a strut tower brace. Since Ford seems to be concerned with saving weight on the track pack, I would think the strut tower brace is added to enhance handling.
Excellent Point!
Old 10-11-2009, 06:51 PM
RodeoFlyer
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by millpond
The flashy little *Cold Air Induction* logo on the airbox of the '10 isn't necessary either. I'd bet it's more marketing by FoMoCo. It, as well as the strut tower brace, track pack option, etc. - is all marketing. They needed to add fluff to detract potential Camaro buyers with it's release this year.

Quick Reply: Want a Strut tower brace, but have Camber Plates????