Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

Suspension Upgrade/ Bolt on's to Improve over stock

Old 12-21-2009, 11:59 AM
Sam Strano
Former Sponsor

If you don't have wheelhop, and most lowered cars don't.. then LCA's are not necessary. What's more is that the hop went away when you lowered it. Putting LCA brackets on, and leveling the arms such as they were stock can well cause it to return.

If you want to upgrade handling you want to look at things like the dampers (shocks and struts), swaybars, PHB or better a Watts link, STB, adjustable endlinks, that sort of stuff. LCA's are not really a help in comparison.
Old 12-21-2009, 02:18 PM
mcstang
2nd Gear Member

Default lca etc...

Originally Posted by Sam Strano
If you don't have wheelhop, and most lowered cars don't.. then LCA's are not necessary. What's more is that the hop went away when you lowered it. Putting LCA brackets on, and leveling the arms such as they were stock can well cause it to return.

If you want to upgrade handling you want to look at things like the dampers (shocks and struts), swaybars, PHB or better a Watts link, STB, adjustable endlinks, that sort of stuff. LCA's are not really a help in comparison.
Thanks Sam,
I just left you a message on your voice mail about some things. Thanks
Old 12-25-2009, 03:13 PM
StickShifty
5th Gear Member

steedas stop the hop kit is great if you dont want it lowered. if you do, then your going to have to add alot more parts. the stock handling is really bad, compare to a nice sport setup.
Old 12-28-2009, 06:03 PM
BadSteed
1st Gear Member

Ok Im new here to the mustang forum, But why wouldnt you not want to go to a harder bushing than rubber? Rubber flexes , Sure it gives you a smooth ride but lacks in performance If you can get something with little or no play it will be far better. I do know ot will transfer more noise, But the trade off exceeds the problem. Bushings are cheap just takes time to install.
Old 12-28-2009, 11:08 PM
Sam Strano
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by BadSteed
Ok Im new here to the mustang forum, But why wouldnt you not want to go to a harder bushing than rubber? Rubber flexes , Sure it gives you a smooth ride but lacks in performance If you can get something with little or no play it will be far better. I do know ot will transfer more noise, But the trade off exceeds the problem. Bushings are cheap just takes time to install.
Because there is no free ride in the world. Urethane bushings are cheap, and flex less... but then they also cause bind in certain locations (like the LCA's) which hurts ride and axle articulation. Urethane also cold-flows and as much as folks think they do, they do not last forever. You can run rod-ends, but they can be noisy.

And a problem is only one if the owner feels it is. I mean, if someone is happy with stock power (for instance), the doesn't need a blower even though you might think it's a must have. Parts are like pills. I say that a lot, because it's what I think. You shouldn't take antibiotics for a sprained ankle, right?
Old 12-29-2009, 12:59 AM
DRock
3rd Gear Member

Because there is no free ride in the world. Urethane bushings are cheap, and flex less... but then they also cause bind in certain locations (like the LCA's) which hurts ride and axle articulation. Urethane also cold-flows and as much as folks think they do, they do not last forever. You can run rod-ends, but they can be noisy.

And a problem is only one if the owner feels it is. I mean, if someone is happy with stock power (for instance), the doesn't need a blower even though you might think it's a must have. Parts are like pills. I say that a lot, because it's what I think. You shouldn't take antibiotics for a sprained ankle, right?
so your saying that the Steeda Comps dont lower the front a the 1 inch that they say they do?
Old 12-29-2009, 03:03 AM
Sam Strano
Former Sponsor

They barely dropped the nose of my '07 GT by 1/4"..... The rear was about 1".
Old 12-29-2009, 03:38 AM
DRock
3rd Gear Member

They barely dropped the nose of my '07 GT by 1/4"..... The rear was about 1".
So what spring would you pick that is linear and has that kind of spring rate but actually drops the car by an inch up front?
Old 12-29-2009, 08:25 AM
2010V6Stang
BEWARE! Possible Scammer

Steeda Sports
Old 12-30-2009, 07:06 PM
svtsupremecy
1st Gear Member

I got rid of my wheel hop by getting new tires. the stock pirellis wheel hopped real bad , but the nitto 555s really reduced the wheel hop alot.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Suspension Upgrade/ Bolt on's to Improve over stock