Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

Strut/Shock Suggestion for Sportlines

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2010, 01:05 AM
Flyingpants
2nd Gear Member

Default Strut/Shock Suggestion for Sportlines

Hey Fellas,
I need some input from the people in the know on the subject of dampers. I am running Eibach Sportlines and I have been running on the stock dampers. In the next month I will be getting some aftermarket units. I need the best bang for the buck. The budget will be $400 or under. I am looking at the special that CDC has on the FRPP dampers, $300 for all four brand new. Let's hear it.

-B
Old 01-11-2010, 02:19 AM
peetiewonder
2nd Gear Member

Ive been eying those frpp dampers too its unclear if those are the adjustable dynamic ones or if they are non adjustable look into that before u buy
Old 01-11-2010, 08:23 AM
zoomerman46
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Flyingpants
Hey Fellas,
I need some input from the people in the know on the subject of dampers. I am running Eibach Sportlines and I have been running on the stock dampers. In the next month I will be getting some aftermarket units. I need the best bang for the buck. The budget will be $400 or under. I am looking at the special that CDC has on the FRPP dampers, $300 for all four brand new. Let's hear it.

-B
Follow your nose down through the S-197 Handing Section right here on muustangforuns.com Whole list of threads about suspension/struts/shocks/packages. In fact one of the forum vendors here(Sam Strano) has posted many thoughts on this subject. I just bought a set of Koni STR-T struts from him based on very helpful info that he has posted here. Check him out. I think if not in need of adjustable suspenison parts I'd go with the Koni STR_T's. Read on, lots of useful info here.
Old 01-11-2010, 10:12 AM
Sam Strano
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by peetiewonder
Ive been eying those frpp dampers too its unclear if those are the adjustable dynamic ones or if they are non adjustable look into that before u buy
They are not adjustable. Adjustable Dynamics are hugely more money... And these aren't Dynamic shocks, just some tuning help from Dynamic, and frankly they ride like crap. We saw improvements in both handling and ride when we dumped them off the Shelby GT we autocross.
Old 01-11-2010, 10:15 AM
Sam Strano
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by zoomerman46
Follow your nose down through the S-197 Handing Section right here on muustangforuns.com Whole list of threads about suspension/struts/shocks/packages. In fact one of the forum vendors here(Sam Strano) has posted many thoughts on this subject. I just bought a set of Koni STR-T struts from him based on very helpful info that he has posted here. Check him out. I think if not in need of adjustable suspenison parts I'd go with the Koni STR_T's. Read on, lots of useful info here.

The Koni's STR.T's are a great shock for those wanting to not have or bother with adjustment. They are around your price range, $409/set, and of course have Koni's excellent warranty. You can get a little cheaper... Steeda Pro-Action and Tokico Blues, both of which I also carry, but frankly neither is as good or durable as the STR.T's.
Old 01-11-2010, 12:08 PM
Flyingpants
2nd Gear Member

Thanks Sam, I was kinda hoping you would comment, I don't track the car at all, just street driving. So I am just looking for a modest bump up in suspension performance from a non adjustable damper, I will look into those Konis, but if something like the Tokico Blues can get the job done I would likely go that route. Does anyone think the Blues would have a noticeable change over stock?

EDIT- I just looked at you website and I see the Koni's are about $80 more for a set than the Blues. If you say that they are better then I think the $80 is negligible in the greater scope of things. I think I see some Koni's in my future....

Last edited by Flyingpants; 01-11-2010 at 12:13 PM.
Old 01-11-2010, 12:56 PM
jodadejss06gt
1st Gear Member

Flying I just got the STR.T from Sam and they are sweet. They have helped me in cornering on bumpy roads. That is the only type of road in my area so it helps.