Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

Q: Difference between Steeda Sport and Ultralite Springs

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2010, 10:26 PM
Rat GT
2nd Gear Member

Default Q: Difference between Steeda Sport and Ultralite Springs

I want to order my suspension parts tomorrow but I'd like to know what the difference is between the two very similar springs. They both lower the car 1" up front and 1.25" in the rear and the price is almost the same as well. Any info would be appreciated.
Old 01-22-2010, 01:07 AM
Sam Strano
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Rat GT
I want to order my suspension parts tomorrow but I'd like to know what the difference is between the two very similar springs. They both lower the car 1" up front and 1.25" in the rear and the price is almost the same as well. Any info would be appreciated.
There is some bad/misleading information floating around.

Sports are softer (despite some claims to the contrary) and not as low, they are the 1"/1.2" springs. Ultralites are a little stiffer, and a little lower, about 1/4" more at both ends of the car.

FWIW, I have both in stock .

I know that it's been posted that Ultralites are 195/175, and Sports are 200/175. The former is not accurate, the latter is. I ask you what would be the point of two springs so similar and only 5 lbs/in different? There is none. Ultralites are lower and are also stiffer (as they should be being lower). The way the springs are wound and some basic--and incorrect--figuring leads folks to those numbers which are not in all actuality the working rates.
Old 01-22-2010, 01:08 AM
Sam Strano
Former Sponsor

There is some bad/misleading information floating around.

Sports are softer (despite some claims to the contrary) and not as low, they are the 1"/1.2" springs. Ultralites are a little stiffer, and a little lower, about 1/4" more at both ends of the car.

I know that it's been posted that Ultralites are 195/175, and Sports are 200/175. The former is not accurate, the latter is. I ask you what would be the point of two springs so similar and only 5 lbs/in different? There is none. Ultralites are lower and are also stiffer (as they should be being lower). The way the springs are wound and some basic--and incorrect--figuring leads folks to those numbers which are not in all actuality the working rates.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. fwiw, I have both those sets in stock too.
Old 01-22-2010, 08:49 AM
jodadejss06gt
1st Gear Member

I've got the ultralites. I love them! Here is a picture to show you how low they are.
Old 01-22-2010, 11:08 AM
Sam Strano
Former Sponsor

Can I borrow that pic for my website?
Old 01-22-2010, 02:42 PM
jodadejss06gt
1st Gear Member

Sure Sam, I can get you a higher quality when I get home if you want me to send it to your email address!
Old 01-22-2010, 02:46 PM
Rat GT
2nd Gear Member

Wow, that silver Stang looks great, just the way I want mine to look like. Thank you both for your replies and Sam, I'll be calling you.
Old 01-22-2010, 03:01 PM
Sam Strano
Former Sponsor

That pic is fine.... too big and the website hates it.

Thanks Jason.
Old 01-22-2010, 03:01 PM
jodadejss06gt
1st Gear Member

Rat, your car is going to look sick with some ultra-lites! It already looks really good. I like the simple mods! You know I almost just kept my fanblades and put better tires on them. It would have been the smartest decision as far as handling, but the CS69's do look damn good IMO. Thanks for the compliment!
Old 01-22-2010, 03:02 PM
Sam Strano
Former Sponsor

Wow, that silver Stang looks great, just the way I want mine to look like. Thank you both for your replies and Sam, I'll be calling you.
Great, glad I, er..... we, could help. I love having customers that care.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Quick Reply: Q: Difference between Steeda Sport and Ultralite Springs