Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

Tein Flex with EDFC for 2010 Mustang GT

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2010, 05:24 AM
DRock
3rd Gear Member

Most of the cars parking in the show, show up by 6:30........... it is only held on Saturday mornings and never on Sundays..... I am usually there with my CS buy 6:30 at the latest
Old 02-03-2010, 10:50 AM
Team STILLEN
Former Sponsor

Hey guys, we are the largest distributor for TEIN domestic performance products and installs. I've had the Flex with EDFC on my own cars for multiple years and helped with the development. I have used my Flex system now on my 2005 for over 3 years and have had it at race tracks all over the US. For racing TEIN does have stiffer spring rates that will work with the Flex as well. We also have a trick for the strut top that gives much better access to the billet camber plates. PM for pics...

The EDFC works insanely well. We have mounted them just about everywhere however the cleanest place is flush mounting it into the dash just below the headlight housing bezel. This is NOT a job i would recommend anyone to do because once you cut the cash..... there's no going back. I will see what I can do about getting some images up here for you guys.

We are also working with TEIN to complete the rear coil over as well. The lower mounts are done and we are just waiting on the upper mounts. This will convert anyone running the Flex systems to a complete 4 wheel coil over. PM for details on release dates. Hopefully this site gets our vendor status up and I can post up on sale price ont he TEIN Type Flex. We have it cheaper than anyone.
Old 02-03-2010, 12:02 PM
macmovieman
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Team Stilllen
Hey guys, we are the largest distributor for TEIN domestic performance products and installs. I've had the Flex with EDFC on my own cars for multiple years and helped with the development. I have used my Flex system now on my 2005 for over 3 years and have had it at race tracks all over the US. For racing TEIN does have stiffer spring rates that will work with the Flex as well. We also have a trick for the strut top that gives much better access to the billet camber plates. PM for pics...

The EDFC works insanely well. We have mounted them just about everywhere however the cleanest place is flush mounting it into the dash just below the headlight housing bezel. This is NOT a job i would recommend anyone to do because once you cut the cash..... there's no going back. I will see what I can do about getting some images up here for you guys.

We are also working with TEIN to complete the rear coil over as well. The lower mounts are done and we are just waiting on the upper mounts. This will convert anyone running the Flex systems to a complete 4 wheel coil over. PM for details on release dates. Hopefully this site gets our vendor status up and I can post up on sale price ont he TEIN Type Flex. We have it cheaper than anyone.
Can you tell me where in California you are located. I will PM you for prices on doing the EDFC install. Thanks.
Old 02-04-2010, 10:57 AM
Team STILLEN
Former Sponsor

We're in Costa Mesa right next to the Airport. Our installation facility is located in our headquarters as part of our 100,000sqft primary building just next to our R&D center. Feel free to come by and check us out if you'd like. We do it all on site.
Old 06-22-2010, 04:17 PM
starbai
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by foolio2k4
I have the full setup on my car. I honestly think the Tein Flex is a great system. I havent been able to test it against other setups though. Adjustability works very well. You can tell the difference between each adjustment of the dampers. I've ran it on the stiffest setting as well as the softest setting. I will say this, the softest setting gives quite a bit of rear axle rebound which makes it hard to push harder because of the hop. Thats why i would recommend not setting it to full soft.

I just got around to installing the EDFC yesterday and i love it so much. The ability to adjust damper settings is so awesome. This is something you find in other higher end sports cars (IE, M3, GTR, etc.) I run my EDFC right below the headlight switch so it doesnt interfere with anything. I have also seen another car mount it into the center console by cutting a portion of it.

I have ran it at a track per se. I did get to drive it at the track in el toro airbase. I can honestly say that the suspension can hold up well. My tires are the limiting factor. I know i can push the car harder but the tires just give out before i feel the limits of the suspension. I am running stock wheels btw.

If you have any other questions then let me know man.
The pic of your stang in your signature, I'm assuming was taken with the Tein's installed... my question for you is how much lower from stock are you?

I blieve the range of the Flex will allow you to go as low as 2.7 lower than stock up front and 3.1 lower than stock in the rear... how close to that are you currently?
Old 06-23-2010, 10:35 AM
Team STILLEN
Former Sponsor

The Flex will allow you to drop the car and preload the springs and set the shock travel as well. Seriously advanced parts! We have installed the controller in many places but the best place in my opinion is just above the headlight switch. It is a PITA to do it, but when its done right, its super clean and looks almost stock! Plus with the three tuning settings I have one for hard launch, one for canyons, and one for comfortable highway speeds.

I have had almost every coil over system on my car to date, Progress, KW, H&R, Eibach, etc and these hands down have the best overall performance.
Old 06-23-2010, 01:22 PM
starbai
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Team STILLEN
The Flex will allow you to drop the car and preload the springs and set the shock travel as well. Seriously advanced parts! We have installed the controller in many places but the best place in my opinion is just above the headlight switch. It is a PITA to do it, but when its done right, its super clean and looks almost stock! Plus with the three tuning settings I have one for hard launch, one for canyons, and one for comfortable highway speeds.

I have had almost every coil over system on my car to date, Progress, KW, H&R, Eibach, etc and these hands down have the best overall performance.
Excellent! thanks...

This combined with it being able to lower to the height i desire seems to make it seems like its the way to go for my future setup.
Old 06-23-2010, 06:36 PM
foolio2k4
3rd Gear Member

sooo.....those coilovers done yet?