Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

Koni STR.T's are in stock: $369.00/set

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2010, 02:49 PM
Sam Strano
Former Sponsor

Default Koni STR.T's are in stock: $369.00/set

My shipment of STR.T dampers arrived today, after clearing all the pending orders, we have 8 sets (on this shipment) left for grabs... more arriving in about two weeks.
Old 02-12-2010, 09:24 AM
ffk_pennywise
3rd Gear Member

If you ordered these a few days before they went on sale do you get a refund on the difference?
Old 02-12-2010, 11:24 AM
Sam Strano
Former Sponsor

This is the part I hate about sales. Had I known Koni was doing a sale, I'd have told you to wait. I didn't, and the parts you have I also paid non-sale pricing for. So it's not really possible to refund the difference on those.
Old 02-12-2010, 11:29 AM
WeinerDog
4th Gear Member

Is that a sale price? That is what I paid when I ordered about a week ago.
Old 02-12-2010, 11:39 AM
Sam Strano
Former Sponsor

Normally the price is $409/set, the are on sale for $369. Sale started beginning of the month.
Old 02-12-2010, 11:39 AM
Redsox401
2nd Gear Member

still no word on the sports?
Old 02-12-2010, 12:31 PM
ffk_pennywise
3rd Gear Member

I figured that was the case and I'm not upset. But you have to ask because you never know.
Old 02-12-2010, 03:46 PM
Sam Strano
Former Sponsor

Still not word on Sports.

And I understand about asking. Again, had I known I'd have told you to wait (if you wanted). But this was a last minute announcement on the sale. They do that on purpose so vendors aren't stuck with as much normal priced stock as they would be if they announced it weeks ahead of time. Then everyone would wait....
Old 02-14-2010, 03:32 PM
Torch Red GT
3rd Gear Member

Sam Strano, Would these Shocks and struts be good a for a daily driver mustang that wants to stay at stock ride height and improve overall handling without losing ride quality? Or is there a different kit you would reccomend?
Old 02-15-2010, 10:51 AM
Sam Strano
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Torch Red GT
Sam Strano, Would these Shocks and struts be good a for a daily driver mustang that wants to stay at stock ride height and improve overall handling without losing ride quality? Or is there a different kit you would reccomend?
These are great for daily drivers on stock or mild lowering springs. Lots of folks have them around here now and they all love them. In fact, just Friday I got two responses from people who added them:

1. "Hello Sam,

I had the parts installed today and I took the car on a couple of good test drives. It rides and handles much better. The bouncy and twitchy motions are gone. It feels pretty dialed in. It handles better on the twisty road around the local lake and it rides better on the worst of the bumpy freeways. It actually rides a little softer than what I was expecting. That's fine..... I thank you again for your guidance and your good service.

P.S. I now think that the 2005 is more fun to drive than is my 1987 GT. I didn't think that yesterday."

2. "t rides great Sam. Handles amazingly. It feels like the ride is stiffer, but smoother.... MAN I LOVE THIS SUSPENSION!"

1 was an e-mail, 2 is from posts made here on this site. Both those guys also have Steeda Sport springs, the first one coming off Eibach, the 2nd from stock. You can see that both find the ride to be better than stock, less harsh. That's the shocks doing that, and on stock spring they ride even better (as you don't have the stiffer rate/lesser travel).

BTW, we just added free shipping.

Quick Reply: Koni STR.T's are in stock: $369.00/set