Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

Just installed FRPP Springs.. car barely even dropped..

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2010, 10:18 AM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

do you have your spare tire....put that on and see what the gap is. i forget what size it is but i think the diameter is stock atleast.
Old 03-21-2010, 09:54 PM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

So.. I purchased my FRPP 4.10 gear (not motive & using the part number) from streetsideauto.com. Now I'm feeling kinda nervous as I never heard or purchased from them before.

From what you guys describe, he got a rock in the box. Is this a reputable vendor? I just did a google search and looked for the best deal out there and they had a coupon code.. so I ordered my gear and install kit from them.
Old 03-21-2010, 10:07 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

holy **** that is a great price. Make sure box is similar to this and you should be golden

On a side note, OP how is the car now?
Old 03-24-2010, 06:31 AM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

^ Ok, thanks!! They should be coming in any day now..
Old 04-20-2010, 02:10 PM
StreetSideAuto.com
Former Sponsor

Hello to all Mustang Forum Fans.

We have been addressing the issue with the original poster and would like to update the community. The purchase of the springs took place on November 8th 2009 for a set of Ford Racing M-5300-N springs.

The customer contacted us with concerns that the springs where not lowering the car and were not performing as advertised. After double-checking the part number and application with Ford Racing we were able to confirm that the part was correct for the application. Working with Ford Racing we determined that if the customer was unsatisfied that we would return the product and we would defect them out to Ford Racing.

On February 22nd we forwarded a prepaid shipping label with a Return Material Authorization to the original poster. Our return policy states that all returns regardless of reason can take place within 60 days so long as the part is not used. In this situation working with Ford Racing we determined a return was necessary even though it was outside of a normal return time frame and unused return criteria.

We did not receive the product from the original poster and the prepaid return labels effective shipping life expired. The customer did not contact us again until the second week of April--two months after the parts were authorized for return.

After consulting with Ford Racing we informed the customer that the only recourse after this five-month time frame is to work with Ford Racing directly. At this time the original poster made the accusation that we were selling counterfeit product verbally over the phone. Please see previous emails below between the original poster, Ford Racing and SSA customer service staff.

We strive to provide the best possible customer service in all cases. You can conduct a short search online to find hundreds of satisfied customers who hold our customer service in high regard. Three independent rating firms (Nextag, Bizrate, & PriceGrabber) all have numerous accounts of post sale and post install unbiased favorable ratings. We are proud to hold the highest possible rating with every firm.

In this case we feel we have provided over the top support. The user was provided an opportunity for a full refund, which he did not exercise. Street Side Auto feels that the customer’s best recourse will be to take up the issue with Ford Racing directly.

We are an advertiser and sponsor of the Mustang Forums and have extended a 10% off coupon for all forum members to use (Coupon Code “Mustang”). We have sold many items to your members without issue and you can count on us to always to provide the highest level of customer support. We are enthusiasts ourselves at Street Side Auto and treat our customers as we would want to be treated. Thank you for reviewing our account of the situation.

Please see the email communications below in regards to the issue.

Original Poster Email to SSA 4/17/10
Attached are photos of the Ford Lowering springs you guys sent me (blue ones) compared to the OEM Ford springs on the car (black ones).
>
> As you can see, the Ford Lowering springs you guys sent me are near the same height or even taller than the OEM springs. These are progressive springs so they do not really settle that much at all, because the progressive part is what specifies the height of the vehicle.
>
> My order # is XXXXX
>
> I don't want to cause any trouble for you guys, I just want to have the correct set of springs that was advertised and what I paid for.

Response from Ford Motorsports in regards to an incorrect part & counterfeit part claim

Sent: Monday, April 19, 2010 9:02 AM
To: Schmidt, Jamie
Subject: RE: ATTN: Jamie, Ford Racing Springs [ET-3486355237516285370]

Those are definitely our Springs.

Ray Herron
Ford Racing
Technical Support Group
(800) 367-3788
rherron9@ford.com
Please Visit WWW.TheFordStory.com

Last Email Communication on 4/19/10 from our customer service department.

Please see the reply from Ford Racing below. The springs you received are a Genuine Ford Racing part regardless of the box they were delivered in. The box may have been replaced due to shipping damage by the distributor we purchased them from. Since the correct part was shipped and installed we can not return them and all warranty would be done through Ford Racing. Please see our Return policy if you have any questions.

http://www.streetsideauto.com/returns.asp

Non-Returnable Parts: Factory Special-Order Parts, Racing Parts, Installed Parts, Painted Parts, and Custom Made Parts cannot be returned for credit for any reason. Electrical parts are not returnable for credit if plugged in or unsealed for any reason. Installed parts and electrical parts are only covered against manufacturer defects and are subject to a warranty exchange only, at the manufacturer's discretion.

Regards,Jamie Schmidt
Customer Service Manager
StreetSideAuto.com

Last edited by StreetSideAuto.com; 04-20-2010 at 03:01 PM.
Old 04-22-2010, 08:51 PM
Mr. Ugly
3rd Gear Member

Just write these off and buy some springs from American Muscle.