Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

Steeda Ultralight springs with FRPP dampers?

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2010, 02:06 PM
tdbrown75
2nd Gear Member

Default Steeda Ultralight springs with FRPP dampers?

Has anyone tried Steeda Ultralight springs with the FRPP dampers? I have stock dampers now and they are about toast at 30K. I’m not interested in installing any $500+ sets of adjustable dampers, just replacing stock with something that will be a bit more durable and provide a good ride.

Tim
Old 02-28-2010, 02:17 PM
Fred Malibu
4th Gear Member

Strano is guna give you some solid advice on here soon enough, but if I can beat him to it: Koni SRT.T shocks. They are on sale for like $370 free shipping. No personal experience with them, but I am leaning towards those in the near future.
Old 02-28-2010, 02:43 PM
JleoGT
1st Gear Member

Just call Sam Strano he will get you car supenssion the way you wanted. Last week I installed a set of ultralite and koni strt and I love the way the car feels now.
Old 02-28-2010, 05:52 PM
tdbrown75
2nd Gear Member

Guess I could have worded this better. I have the Springs/Shocks already but wanted to see if anyone out there had run this combo or had experience with it before I spend any $$$ on installation. I had the springs already but got a great deal on the FRPPs and figure I can always resell them if it's a terrible choice.

Tim
Old 02-28-2010, 06:24 PM
NJ3
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by tdbrown75
Guess I could have worded this better. I have the Springs/Shocks already but wanted to see if anyone out there had run this combo or had experience with it before I spend any $$$ on installation. I had the springs already but got a great deal on the FRPPs and figure I can always resell them if it's a terrible choice.

Tim
I replied to your question on The Mustang Source. So in short, they don't work well together in my personal experience and the FRPP dampers may be better suited to FRPP or Eibach springs.
Old 03-01-2010, 06:45 AM
jodadejss06gt
1st Gear Member

Sell the FRPP shocks and get the STR.T's. I installed those and my ultra-lites myself and they ride really nice. From my research before buying the STR.T's, they seem to be better balanced than the others.
Old 03-01-2010, 08:36 AM
JleoGT
1st Gear Member

Agreed
Old 03-01-2010, 12:35 PM
hiltsy845

I think you would be very happy with the Koni STR.T. I am currently running them with my stock springs. Anyone have any regrets about installing the Steeda Ultralights? Too low, too stiff, etc? I like the look of the Ultralight, but would prefer the softer ride that I have heard comes with the Steeda Sport Springs.
Old 03-01-2010, 01:39 PM
JleoGT
1st Gear Member

I have them for 2 weeks and I love the way they work, they are not soft, not too hard, just the way she like it. Just the set I was looking for.

Last edited by JleoGT; 03-01-2010 at 01:45 PM.
Old 03-01-2010, 02:06 PM
Sam Strano
Former Sponsor

FRPP dampers ride like crap. The springs you have are very nice springs... the FRPP dampers leave a lot to be desired. They are the first thing we dumped from the Shelby I autox, and don't regret it for a moment. FWIW, the difference in ride quality between most anything and the FRPP's is massive.

I cannot, in good conscience tell you that the combination is all that ideal. What's worse, the springs usually end up taking the brunt of the complaining about ride that really would be damper related instead.

Quick Reply: Steeda Ultralight springs with FRPP dampers?